Any other Tacx Neo owners on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Ta Andy (and others) but i am going to play safe and get a lock out cassette lock ring remover. They show it being used on the tacx neo set up video and looks straightforward once i have it.
The neo is a gorgeous piece of equipment and i don't want to mark or scratch it!

Wait till you fall off, it has built in wobble feature to simulate riding out of seat :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Wait till you fall off, it has built in wobble feature to simulate riding out of seat :tongue:

We shall see in the Thursday chaingang :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
NEO all set up, updated but not yet calibrated- the option is there on the app screen but is non responsive.
Still, hasn't stopped me doing a 150 plus miles in bkool this week. FTP and so watts down compared to my pro but to be expected. A few odd foibles in the bkool software but not anything that would prevent me using the software.

Blimey, is it lovely to ride on! Quiet, smooth- if it wasn't for less than stellar fitness and sore legs I would ride it a lot more.

Venod

Eh up
I have nothing to compare the Neo with, so whats your thoughts on the resistance with different software regarding gradients.

I find Zwift easier than Bkool on the hills, with the Tacx software close to Bkool but slightly easier.

For those of you with other trainers how does the resistance compare for the same gradients ?

The hills I have climbed using Bkool that I have also climbed in the real world are all slower with Bkool.

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
On my old vortex bkool climbing definitely felt harder somehow, I had to dial down resistance in zwift due to the 7% max(which is dependent on rider weight)

On the Neo, the resistance has stopped me dead a couple of times. Mostly being in the wrong gear for 15%+ climbs which feel very real.

I can't think of any climb in Northern Ireland capable of that in real road terms, and there's a few "quare hateful" climbs :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
The Neo doesn't need calibrating

I had read that so often I was surprised when the option seemed availed in the App. Must be for other tacx trainers.

I have nothing to compare the Neo with, so whats your thoughts on the resistance with different software regarding gradients.

I find Zwift easier than Bkool on the hills, with the Tacx software close to Bkool but slightly easier.

For those of you with other trainers how does the resistance compare for the same gradients ?

The hills I have climbed using Bkool that I have also climbed in the real world are all slower with Bkool.

Climbing on the NEO seems harder but I have had an injury which was already affecting my power output before I got the NEO so difficult to judge. That is improving so should be able to compare in a few weeks.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
After just over twelve months my Neo has gone pop and started smoking??

Prior to that the sudden smell of burning and the top of the casing was red hot to touch?

I let it cool for a few minutes and attempted to finish the radio tower climb on Zwift, but zero amount of resistance so no way.

The outer two LEDs were flashing red, so it looks pretty terminal.

I have raised a ticket to Tacx and also spoken to Halfords where it was purchased from. They have asked me to return it back to them and they will speak to Tacx on Monday.

While it comes with two years warranty, after the first year Halfords will not do anything it has to go via Tacx direct.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think I have seen your FB post.I dealt with Tacx when mine failed. They were fantastic. 8 days I think from collection of old unit and shipped to Holland and then a brand new replacement arriving.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I think I have seen your FB post.I dealt with Tacx when mine failed. They were fantastic. 8 days I think from collection of old unit and shipped to Holland and then a brand new replacement arriving.

Probably as lve posted on the Neo FB page. Fingers crossed it will get resolved quickly as l only have a few percentage of climbing to do to complete the Zwift climbing challenge.

I tried my rollers linked to Zwift this afternoon, quite entertaining to say the least!

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
And so, on Saturday when I spoke to Halfords Customer Services they advised me to box the unit up and return it to my local store, which I did. I was told that it was out of the twelve month warranty period with Halfords, but Tacx would be covering the second year. Halfords said that they would speak direct to Tacx on Monday morning and arrange to get it collected. So far so good.

In the meantime, I had already raised a ticket on line direct with Tacx just to cover all my bases so to speak.

Monday mid morning and I get a call from Halfords Customer Services, basically saying that despite what I was told on Saturday the warranty is nothing to do with them so come and collect the trainer and deal direct with Tacx? I explained that I had already raised a ticket with Tacx and that I was waiting for a reply from them and could I have the trainer collected from the store. They said that Tacx "might" want to arrange to collect it from my home address as the person who it belonged to had to sign to say that it had been collected. But as I pointed out, during the day no one would be at home so to have it collected from Halfords would be a more reliable option. It was then left that for the time being it would remain at the store until such time that Tacx contacted me, and I would ask if it would be okay?

Monday lunchtime, mail from Tacx. Very sorry to hear of my problems and from I had described it sounded like the fan unit had failed. I was asked when and where I had purchased the trainer from and had I still got the original box. I replied literally within 10 minutes, providing a copy of the original receipt and stating that the trainer was packed in the original box and at the request of Halfords it had been returned to the original store of purchase where it is right now. I also supplied the full site address and contact details etc.

Now waiting for the next mail from Tacx as to what happens next.

zizou

Veteran
Your contract is with Halfords id be wanting them to deal with It and save you the hassle if nothing else - the sale of goods act can entitle you to more than a one year warranty, and on a £1k+ turbo it is a reasonable expectation that it should work for more than a year of use.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Your contract is with Halfords id be wanting them to deal with It and save you the hassle if nothing else - the sale of goods act can entitle you to more than a one year warranty, and on a £1k+ turbo it is a reasonable expectation that it should work for more than a year of use.

Halfords will have nothing to do with the warranty after twelve months, period.

Nevertheless, in the meantime Tacx have been in contact with me again this morning and have now supplied me with the necessary returns paperwork, plus a pre paid returns label. The downside is that I've had to go and collect it from Halfords lunchtime and then take it to a Post Office, not as easy as having it collected from Halfords, but hey..... its on its way back now that's the main thing.

As yet I'm still not clear what Tacx intend to do with the faulty one once they get it back to the factory, either repair or replace?

Buck

Guru
Halfords will have nothing to do with the warranty after twelve months, period.

Nevertheless, in the meantime Tacx have been in contact with me again this morning and have now supplied me with the necessary returns paperwork, plus a pre paid returns label. The downside is that I've had to go and collect it from Halfords lunchtime and then take it to a Post Office, not as easy as having it collected from Halfords, but hey..... its on its way back now that's the main thing.

As yet I'm still not clear what Tacx intend to do with the faulty one once they get it back to the factory, either repair or replace?

From what I’ve read before they’ll assess yyour return to confirm its “genuine” then send you a “new” unit out.

Top Bottom