Any reasons not to cycle in this rain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nocode

I paid an extra £30 when I got my glasses to have an anti scratch coating. It's worth it as my glasses are three years old, and only now are they getting scratches. I never wipe my glasses when cycling. I look up and into the rain so they get "washed" by heavy rain. and when I get home I rinse them under flowing water, so any grit or dirt that could scratch them is dislodged and suspended in the rinsing water, rather than dragged across the lens when wiping. ( washed in water and dried on a soft clean glass cloth afterwards)

Yeah, I've got the anti-scratch coating as well - but I guess I've wiped them when there's been debris on the lense and that's scratched them a bit - doh.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yeah me too. Anyone worked out a good way to counter-act this? (and don't say not cycling or wearing glasses!) :smile:

Last night was my first real wet commute home, I wear glasses and couldn't see a bloody thing through them. Luckily I'm not too short-sighted (about -2 in both eyes) so could peer over the top of my glasses, but it was quite difficult and I had to have my spidey-senses working overdrive.

Perhaps contacts and cycling glasses is the way to go? Although the thought of putting contacts in my eyes makes me whince! :blink:
rain x works , after years of using all manner of lens cleaning products that claimed to ( bought via safety dept at work) repel water i tried it on an old pair of specs and it hasn't degraded the optical quality stripped any of the anti glare/anti scratch coatings and really does work well.

Top Bottom