Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveF

Second ever Half Marathon today (Brentwood), managed just under 1:49...... well pleased!

SWSteve

Guru
Running still to keep ticking over until training for snowdonia kicks off properly. Slightly worried about the time impact with new job, but it'll be interesting. Did first interval set tonight for about 3 months and really enjoyed it.

I must be broken

U

User19783

I've been doing some research on which was going to be my new shoes, I was looking at Vibram five finger s, but I went for Merrell trail glove 3, first impression are, heavier than I thought, stiffer but it has great tread, been walking around the house and it's feeling good, so looking forward to putting in some miles.
Brought from Amazon, size just right.
IMG_20170322_154407.jpg
IMG_20170322_154407.jpg
IMG_20170322_154423.jpg

Actually went on the Club-run last night!
I'd avoided it for a while, & not run to work much either, as my left knee's been playing up again

But, "Sod It!", so I ran
We had 3 groups (all meet at same time on a Tuesday, Thursday has 2 meet-times)
We all headed out in same direction, but with different distances (4, 5, 6 miles) - 4 for me, no point in pushing too much

We all went from the Club-house, up Barnsley Road, to the 'Beverley Arms' round about (where A638/A628 cross), turning right along A638 Wakefield Road, towards Nostell Priory

I was last off, talking to Gail, one of the members who'd rode up on her bike, & was on her way home from work

I had some catching up to do, but managed to work my way through the 4 mile bunch, after a steady start, who were last off, catch the 5's, & get through them
I caught, passed 3 of the 5 6 milers, before I stopped to turn round at the 'Spread Eagle'
(mapping has just shown it at 2.37 miles)
On the return, I went a bit faster, but not much, passing the last of the outwards group when they had about 3/4 mile to the Eagle (see NB)
A brief 'relax' off Brackenhill Common, saw a short ascent into Ackworth

I kept expecting a couple of the faster ones, to pick the pace up on the way back, but no, no-one was in site, even as I got into the car
Time for the return (2.37) was 17:26, granted not fast, I have run the self same almost 2 minutes faster, but that was when I was fitter & a stone lighter

NB; Please note, I have as much admiration, & time, for the girls & boys who are in that group, as I do for our 'sub 17' ParkRunners (who are equally capable of, & in one case, have won Marathons by almost 20 minutes!)
It's hard work for anyone out there,

Last edited:
- 4 for me, no point in pushing too much

We all went from the Club-house, up Barnsley Road, to the 'Beverley Arms' round about (where A638/A628 cross), turning right along A638 Wakefield Road, towards Nostell Priory
I kept expecting a couple of the faster ones, to pick the pace up on the way back, but no, no-one was in site, even as I got into the car
Time for the return (2.37) was 17:26, granted not fast, I have run the self same almost 2 minutes faster, but that was when I was fitter & a stone lighter

Having looked, at a previously plotted map, shows it at 2.24, but, magnifying it shows the line deviates from the footpath, so I guess that my earlier plot is closer to the truth?
http://gb.mapometer.com/edit/route_4041644.html

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
99/100 parkruns. Fastest time of 2017. Despite my head being all over the shop; work is a 'mare and that's impacting on home too. Home is a building site, which doesn't help much. Arrrgh.

Targeting a time I set off far too fast, like 45 seconds a km too fast, and inevitably later on I paid the price. The switch inside my noggin tripped at the start of the third lap, unleashed a tidal wave of self-loathing and negativity, and, pop, I was walking. Half-a-minute or so of giving myself a talking to whilst my HR came down, and I managed to get going again. By going off too fast I had built up quite a buffer so still had time in hand. Found another gear 500m out, I like to max my HR on the finish and a nice four way sprint for the funnel, agin younger slimmer faster better looking runners. I caught two, and I finished 1:15 inside my goal

Year PB Age Grade
2014 00:24:45 61.55%
2015 00:21:52 69.66%
2016 00:23:20 65.86%
2017 00:26:45 57.94%

So next week will be an easy 30 min 100/100 ton run, and I'm doing a Hal Higdon plan to get my age grade back to at least 60%

Just going to have to find the time to train, but at least the clocks have changed.

Top Bottom