Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Would I be mad try to go from a 32min 5K (this morning) up to half marathon distance in 7 months?

Not at all mad. I started running in January 2015 (had just turned 42) having never done any running since school days. Got to half marathon distance by start of July and under 2 hours without killing myself. Ran three times a week. Marathon next month :okay:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thanks MrGrumpy, stephec & GrumpyGregry.

I wouldn't go mad and try to set a good time for my first half marathon, the first one would be about finishing it & that'd give me a target to beat in the next.

I'll look up Hal Higdon & Greg McMillan too ^_^

excellent approach. once you've done some training you'll be able to pencil in some goals that are realistic and achievable. enjoy!

U

User19783

Had a good session today, went to an old running track.
Did 10m Sprints,
60m sprints, with a walk back to the start, and repeated.
Ran around the football pitch, sprinted along the goal line , then jog onlong the long bit.
Then two laps of the track, to cool down,
Only managed 25 minutes of intense training.
But good.
IMG_20170405_100138.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So Mr Collins, is your pulse usually this low?
What is it?
50 - 52 bpm
That's quite high for me!

Third time, third hospital today.

DRHysted

Guru
Slightly disappointed as I've had to pull out of the Southampton half marathon on the 23rd. Just been plagued with one thing or another since October.
Next event is the New Forest half in September, so no running for 8 weeks then that gives me 3 months to get back up to mileage again. Hopefully next year will be better.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
3:40:36 for Manchester marathon last weekend, I'm fairly happy with that considering I lost all of Febuary to injury so the trainings been a bit haphazard.
Now to stop (or at least reduce) the messing about running and start getting some proper bike time in.

I'd be really happy with that but anything under 4 hrs will be great (Stirling next month).

Had another longish run today, after around 16km or so I get fairly sharp stabby pain under my foot, just behind the toes ... any ideas ? It seems to wear off a bit after 22km plus, but is very unpleasant. Also, neck pain, what's up with that ?

Top Bottom