Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Planned a 20k+ run today but got caught in some awful weather. Soaked to the skin by 3k then hit by hail so I cut it short at just over 12k, pace average 5 mins 8 seconds per k. Ill get a long one in before the weeks out.

DRHysted

Guru
Well physio Thursday went well. She's happy with the recovery but still won't allow running for another fortnight. She has however added at least 10 minutes power walking per day to the regime.
Oh the fun of walking really fast for 10 minutes every day on a treadmill!!
Still hopefully it will pay of the Southampton half is just over a month away now (23rd April) and my longest run since October was 8.5 miles in January between injuries (crap winter).

I can't run the length of me at the moment,but I would like to .
The running I would like to do is CC so the proper footwear is needed.
Any suggestions guys and gals ?

DRHysted

Guru
I can't run the length of me at the moment,but I would like to .
The running I would like to do is CC so the proper footwear is needed.
Any suggestions guys and gals ?
Shoes are very much like saddles and you need to find the ones your feet like. Personally I use Asics both road and multi-surface versions, others will have their own favourites though.

Nostell #137 yesterday

I had got changed, but was thinking about not going, until SWMBO decided she was coming to watch
So, I had to go............

She set off to walk the course, at a reasonable pace. whilst we waited for the start
Had a chat with my 2 triathlete/duathlete friends (Angie & Mick) who had decided to come to Nostell instead

A hard run, I really wasn't feeling the love, but had to do it

A fair sized field!
45th/256 @ 25:06 (possibly slowest ever at Nostell!)

I was stuck mid-pack, & couldn't get out of that position for first 300 yards though

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am not much of a runner, but I am a technologist and I should do something other than cycle, so this is my start.

Zwift Running!

20170315_074320000_iOS.png

Venod

Eh up
I posted this in a Scottish Island Thread, I thought it may be of interest to some of you runners, can't believe its 20 years ago, makes me want to dig the Walsh's out from the back of the cupboard.

I have completed several Mountain Marathons by far the best was on Jura not a lot in the way of roads but there is a distillery and the Paps of Jura to scale and thousands of Deer , Ferry from Kennacraig to Isla then an open ferry to Jura, what a weekend that was. That is me at 09:53 in the first video to in the foreground green t shirt (bought on the drive up, from The Complete Runner Ilkley and which I still wear on the turbo) and blue rucksack.

Last edited:

flatflr

Guru
Missed out on my regular Tuesday run due to a trapped nerve in my neck but after lots of stretching and warmth it freed up enough for a run this evening so put in a 6 miler on one of my regular road routes.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
managed my first 10k last night, managed it in under an hour, unplanned but was out on my usual 4.5 miler and thought lets extend it and see where we go. Feeling it this morning, so no commute by bike today. To be honest sick of the wind in my face just now on the bike.

My running is a bit on and off, go through phases. Last marathon was in 1987, so I thought, hm, maybe pretty neat to do one 30 years later. I can run a half nae bother in under 2 hrs but the thought of going round again seems like a step too far right now. I was toying with the idea of build up to a marathon in the fall maybe, but will require some dedication. I find feet / toes ache after 18km or so.

managed my first 10k last night, managed it in under an hour, unplanned but was out on my usual 4.5 miler and thought lets extend it and see where we go. Feeling it this morning, so no commute by bike today. To be honest sick of the wind in my face just now on the bike.
Yes, today I went running at Tentsmuir, after recent winds I could not be bothered with headwind on the bike, so went and used the trees for a bit of shelter, though it occurred to me I could just take the cx bike there too.

Top Bottom