Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Just one thing to add to the above, when you cross the line stay in order of finishers to make sure you get the right position number.

Some people can get very upset if they think they've been demoted a place. :biggrin:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
First park run done. I hadn't expected so may people on a cold snowy day.
there were 290 runners, i came position 111, in a time of 28.13.
My aim is to get to below 25 mins by the summer.
Pacing is an issue, i set off far too quickly and faded very rapidly.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
First park run done. I hadn't expected so may people on a cold snowy day.
there were 290 runners, i came position 111, in a time of 28.13.
My aim is to get to below 25 mins by the summer.
Pacing is an issue, i set off far too quickly and faded very rapidly.
5k "racing" consists of going as hard as possible for 3km and then trying to hang on to as much pace as possible, and avoid death, over the last 2km. Stick your HR monitor on and find out what your max HR actually is... ;)

25 mins is easily doable.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I marshalled in the snow.

We have a problem with a couple of militant non-parkrunner park users who think it is a disgrace that we run around in the park. :sad:

stephec

Legendary Member
I marshalled in the snow.

We have a problem with a couple of militant non-parkrunner park users who think it is a disgrace that we run around in the park. :sad:
We get the same thing on one stretch of woodland path.

It's popular with walkers and cyclists, and the same few like to come out at the same time as parkrun starts and complain, rather than just leaving it until ten minutes later when they'd be no fuss.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We get the same thing on one stretch of woodland path.

It's popular with walkers and cyclists, and the same few like to come out at the same time as parkrun starts and complain, rather than just leaving it until ten minutes later when they'd be no fuss.
The same. Unfortunately, there has been antagonistic behaviour from some of the quick runners.

stephec

Legendary Member
The same. Unfortunately, there has been antagonistic behaviour from some of the quick runners.
There's no reports of antagonism from ours, although the top twenty do tend to treat it as a race.

It's more a case of, 'disgusted from Tonbridge Wells,' not wanting to share the paths with a group of runners.

flatflr

Guru
Was looking forward to a trail run with some new shoes today but found the sizing on my new ones (Salomon Speedcross 4) is all over the place with a 8 1/2 feeling more like a 7 1/2. They will be going back and replaced with some size 9 1/2. As my old trail shoes are shot with no tread left I headed out on the road.

Ended up with 6 miles at 7:41/mi today..

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
If Mrs Legs permits, I'm hoping to join up with my club for the evening run tonight, then pick up a takeaway and undo all the good work.

flatflr

Guru
Still waiting for my replacement trail shoes to come so got out on the road for another 6 miles this evening.

It's starting to get to that in-between weather, where it's getting too warm for a winter top and too cold for a light top...

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
No run last night with the local group as unable to leave mini G with older siblings , whilst Mrs G finished up at the practice . Plan to go out tonight tho!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
(MrGrumpy, my brother bought me a SHUT UP LEGS t-shirt a few years ago... Needless to say, its message was lost on most people who saw it and I got very bored trying to explain... it didn't ever even get to the point of saying that Legs is a longstanding (27 years+) family nickname...)

Smashed out 7.7 miles on the standard 6.2-mile club run circuit by doubling back instead of waiting at the regrouping points. Negated all the good work with a smashing lamb dhansak.

https://www.strava.com/activities/866477766

Top Bottom