Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
I am feeling rather pleased with myself as I managed to run my first 10k on Sunday morning. It was about -6c where I live, so had decided it was too cold to cycle, went out for a run with a friend instead. I was cheered off by Mrs O who said that respectfully she didn't think I was capable to running 10k, nothing like a bit of motivation. Overall no drama's and managed to complete it in 08:30min miles.

Now looking forward to next week when if it is still cold, I'll probably run again.

Tin Pot

Guru
Shortish run planned tonight, an easy pace 55 mins in a positively balmy 3ºC. Long sleeves and tights at the ready this time.

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Shortish run planned tonight, an easy pace 55 mins in a positively balmy 3ºC. Long sleeves and tights at the ready this time.
Long sleeve and tights??? Man up, man ;)

I'll be going out tonight for an easy 6k (has to be in the evening as it's 45% main road so fumes are an issue during the day), so depending upon how brave I'm feeling I'll do it in shorts, running shirt and gloves. Famous last words lol. We'll see.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Starwars Challenge.jpg

MrsP and myself running through the Magic Castle in Disneyland on the Half Marathon last week.

Pontefract ParkRun this morning (#298)
I had intended Nostell Priory, but dropped SWMBO off at her office in Pontefract town centre, before heading to the RaceCourse
A cool, drizzly morning, saw a few familiar faces
One guy (from Rothwell Harriers) was applauded, as it was his 350th PR!!!

I was happy-ish, as I've not run much this past couple of week, due to knee-pain & black toenails (not bad enough to pull off though)
Managed a 'sub-25', so okay with that! (if a poor placing)
61st/312 @ 24:31

Not my photo, but it features me, helping the 2 girls behind me, at Ponden Clough stream cross, at last Sundays 'Stanbury Splash'

Helping hand;
View attachment 334091

Three washes later, & the peat-stains haven't come out of that long-sleeve top!

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Was intending to run parkrun this morning but come 8:45 the RD announces, "who has got the timers/scanners?". Seems one of the not-present RDs (as they were helping out at another parkrun event today) took them home to do the results last week, then forgot they had them. Thankfully their wife and son were present so I, being the ED, had to drive the spouse back to their place to collect, making it back again at 8:58. When I reached the briefing area the RD, by that point, was saying to all the parkrunners, "let's move to the start" so I had no time to change into my running gear. Oh well back up timer it was then as I wasn't running 5k in walking boots despite the inclement weather :smile: There's always next week eh!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hamstring strain has changed my gait. Hip pain has got worse, old right ankle injury now moaning, lower back has gone, and now my upper back muscles are throwing spasms.

FFS!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Know how you feel. I went from pulled leg muscle to a cold then a pulled back muscle. Can't get a break.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Had my first outing with the local jog club in town last Thursday, If can stay injury free I can see this making a difference to my fitness! Albeit I've been massaging my legs with a tennis ball the last couple of nights lol . Amazing what muscles you stop working by cycling all the time and packing in the football !

flatflr

Guru
Quick update for me.

Thursday, 4.2 miles off road at 7:34/mi (cold)
Saturday, 9.5 miles off road at 7:59/mi (muddy)
Today, 6 miles on road at 7:33.mi (damp)

With 4 miles to do tomorrow to get me up to 100 miles for the month, mixing up the fast and slow:smile:

Top Bottom