1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Runners On Here??

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Richard A Thackeray, 1 Sep 2012.

1. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

Urgh - feel awful now....rest day!

2. DRHysted

DRHysted Über Member

Emergency visit to the physio this morning after something went wrong last Friday on the treadmill. Strained hamstring, no running aloud again, back next week for a checkup.
    Seriously starting to get a bit annoyed now, I'd only managed 3 outside runs, longest being 8.5 miles.
    Oh not aloud to cycle until Friday, then it must be gentle and stopped immediately if it aggravates my leg.

3. Cold, wet, cold, peaty, cold, windy
    Did I mention cold?
    Whilst waiting for the start, I was shivering, to the point of uncontrollability, I could only stop by leaning against the quarry side!

A slow start. a slow first mile, thus I finished well down, slowest ever.....
    The provisionals state 330 finishers
    1st = 43:52:notworthy:
    Me = 221st @ 1.14:36

First photos; https://www.flickr.com/photos/42619358@N06/sets/72157677201621922

Znook, flatflr and Tin Pot like this.
  4. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry GrumpyGuru

Eighth day of a strapped thigh. No running for me.

5. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

Missed my Saturday run so only 29.7km this week :sad:

6. flatflr

flatflr Über Member

Quick update from me.

9 1/2 muddy off road miles on Sunday, mostly in rain and drizzle. Legs hurt but the mud was fun:smile:

Late getting home from work (bl00dy traffic) so just 4 miles this evening, cold but kept myself warm by upping the pace to (a fast for me) 7:24 min/mi.

Nick

Znook and Tin Pot like this.
  7. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

0C last night, chest and neck frozen when I got home.

13.1km at 5:47/km

Decided to start pausing strava when the group stands about waiting for people to catch up so I get a clearer view of the actual run pace.

Znook and flatflr like this.
  8. Znook likes this.
  9. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

10. Ahh, you were distracted by the girls

I had number '73'

11. Not my photo, but it features me, helping the 2 girls behind me, at Ponden Clough stream cross, at last Sundays 'Stanbury Splash'

On my crossing;
    i6YdsNqSKspl6_xK2q9H3AXOjoAPWNrxppMB--15tnmnXArAdjYWEHNHWAynzaRm3RY4iKMziG3d-kXXrk=w1280-h852-no.jpg

Helping hand;
    Y0mDipn68OB2Xi-8uaLA5gelhLsQJP5HOOa596FzFTu3cba0NoDBcsmB4bwTjqYRud3xUkJuLuQ9JVGUBQ=w1280-h854-no.jpg

Znook likes this.