Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flatflr

Guru
Not a constructive run, but put in 4 miles in the rain this evening to take me to 100 miles for the month:smile:

Time for a couple of days off.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Second outing in the past week last night another 4 and bit miles, not speedy but will work on it as I get better and my legs stop complaining :laugh: . I will say though stretching after my run last night was the best move ever ! Got out of bed and managed my commute in by bike this morning ! Last night i was contemplating whether I could get out of bed lol. I`m sure this will subside eventually as my legs get used to the running again.

flatflr

Guru
Start with a run along the tow path then decided to check out some new (to me) footpaths around here, so as normal I got lost on some nice muddy paths for a couple of miles until I worked out where I was.

Ended up with 14 miles off road at a slow 8:30/mi (i'll put the slow pace down to the mud).

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Start with a run along the tow path then decided to check out some new (to me) footpaths around here, so as normal I got lost on some nice muddy paths for a couple of miles until I worked out where I was.

Ended up with 14 miles off road at a slow 8:30/mi (i'll put the slow pace down to the mud).
Slow !!! Ffs I've got a long way to go :-)

I may venture out for a short distance tomorrow and see how things go.

Expect an update along the lines of "f***ing f***ity f***" tomorrow evening...
Yay, no f***ity f*** moments. Managed 2 slow (although given that I am slow anyway it can't have been much slower!) miles, without any knee pain and slightly less ankle pain than I had anticipated. Don't quite think this cold thing has left my chest yet as breathing was harder than I thought, although 3 months of not running may have played a part as well.

Might try to work a few more runs in sometime later this week.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I had a run today; 2.2 miles in 20 minutes and about half the calories I'd burn in a 25 mile bike ride (according to Strava).

It's much more of a full body workout as well. I really want to get into running at least once a week, pushing the pace on short runs like today, and doing longer runs as well. The last long run I did was the London Marathon in 2007; I'd love to at least be able to do 1/2s again.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Went out last night managed a 5k in under 30 mins which is not bad for me ! A bit like yourself I'm time starved these days and only manage about 2-3 commutes a week by bike in fact this week zero ! Been enjoying it thus far and meeting up with a group in the area to do some running .

Yay, no f***ity f*** moments. Managed 2 slow (although given that I am slow anyway it can't have been much slower!) miles, without any knee pain and slightly less ankle pain than I had anticipated. Don't quite think this cold thing has left my chest yet as breathing was harder than I thought, although 3 months of not running may have played a part as well.

Might try to work a few more runs in sometime later this week.
Managed another 2 miles today, just back in.
It's good to be back running again :smile:

But I'll take it easy...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I am doing my first Parkrun on Saturday. I have a few questions.
How long does registration take. Will i need to be there very early or is 5 mins before enough time?
I am going to take it easy, anything below 30 mins for 5k will suit me at the moment.

Znook

aka PureZOOG
If you haven't done so already, register with parkrun (http://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/form/) to receive your unique barcode which can be used at any parkrun event worldwide going forward.

If you're new to a particular event I'd aim to get there for 8:50 at the very latest so you're in time to hear the new runner briefing (informs newcomers what to do, what the course is like, etc.). Then do the run, receive a finish token when you cross over the finish line (take note of the number on the token as it can help the event team should anything go amiss during results processing), head over to the barcode scanning team to get your unique barcode scanned along with the finish token (they both get linked together to give you the right result (the event team then keeps the finish token as they'll need it again for next week's event ;) )), and head home in a happy mood hoping you've got a great time.

Then repeat it all again the following Saturday in order to beat this time! 48 runs later and you'll be getting your first free technical parkrun running shirt!

By the way you can never be last at a parkrun event as we have to have a tail-runner present, though you shouldn't be anyway if you're aiming for a sub 30 mins time.

Have fun!

Top Bottom