Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
Not running again. Right hamstring & calf now OK, left calf has gone in sympathy. Slightly annoyed as my last run of decent length was October (10miles).

Oh well nothing more I can do but keep up the exercises and follow my physiotherapists advice. At least I haven't got any events booked before the Southampton half in April.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
(MrGrumpy, my brother bought me a SHUT UP LEGS t-shirt a few years ago... Needless to say, its message was lost on most people who saw it and I got very bored trying to explain... it didn't ever even get to the point of saying that Legs is a longstanding (27 years+) family nickname...)

Smashed out 7.7 miles on the standard 6.2-mile club run circuit by doubling back instead of waiting at the regrouping points. Negated all the good work with a smashing lamb dhansak.

https://www.strava.com/activities/866477766
Impressive stats ! I'm more a 9 min mile at the moment ! But slowly improving, my cycling started out the same so I know how long it takes to up the pace .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Went out with youngest last night for 4 miler , he on his bike me on foot. I'm consistent! 9.30 min miles seems to be my natural pace right now . Will work on that though and the distance ! Still cycling just not as much !

U

User33236

Completed my 7th Parkrun yesterday, first since Christmas Day, and got a new PB on my local course of 21:52.

Ran to the start and back home at the end making 11km in total and happy that there's no sign of my recent injury.

flatflr

Guru
Finally got my new shoes in the right size (how they can size so differently I don't know), so headed out for a run along the tow path and along some footpaths. Put in 7 1/2miles at 7:48/mi with a fastest pace on a 2 mile section I've run many times:smile:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
4.2 miles done last night and now that I have a watch to see what pace I`m running at I broke my 9min mile target last night. Averaged 8.31min/mile and did my 5k in just over 27 mins . However i did take a pavement dive and cut both hands and knee, still managed to roll back up onto my feet and carry on, after checking nobody had seen me :tongue:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Another 4 miles done last night at 8.38 pace, faster than my run on Sat morning which was really hard, due to wind and running too hot due to non breathable jacket :smile: Got a 5k PB however legs feeling it this morning, a bit of R and R required, so not cycling today and no run tonight.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
parkrun 95 done, slowly, with a streaming cold. It looked like I had been sick down my front when I finished. Possibly one of the grossest experiences on my sporting life.

flatflr

Guru
Couple of different runs for me this week.
Got out of work late on Tuesday and when I got home I just needed to get out for a run and put the pace on, ended up with a short but fast for me 4 miles at 7:22/mi on road.
This evening I got out of work at a more normal time so decided to head out for a more relaxed longer run, managed 10 miles at a 8:06/mi pace, but would have gone further but I was hungry.

Top Bottom