Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
The trouble with running is after you've enjoyed cycling for a few sessions back to running feels so hard and very boring. Trail running is better than road running.

Darrington 5 this afternoon
12:20 start
'Church Fields'
Darrington

2008 =
30th/152 @ 36:53
2009 = 31st/153 at 36:52
2015 =47th/195 @ 37:58 (far too hot/humid a day for me, but still a top-50 though!)
I know I'll not better my 2015, time, I can feel it in my bones
Given present fitness, I'll be happy for a 'sub 40', unless I get my lardy ass into action:blush:

The route; http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4040825.html
Well.......................
Horrible, horrible, & truly horrible!!

My (self) time was 43:59
However, given the 'Cutting walk', & walking with Mick for a hundred yards or so, I guess it's not that bad really?

Results are out
Not good reading
67th/190 @ 43:55
https://bookitzone.com/stephen_berry_1/QF2FFX_8023.pdf

2017. Darrington. Mug.JPG

Oh well...........

Photos to follow, if anyone wants to see them

Last edited:

flatflr

Guru
Planned to head out early to make the most of the cooler weather but slept in and only headed out at 10:00 for a tow path run.

Never really got into it but still managed 8 miles with heavy legs (guess that was from yesterday's 50 miler on the bike). Glad I had my hydration vest or I would have melted...

Damn it was warm!!

flatflr

Guru
After Sundays hot run I decided to take things a bit easier on todays run by managing my HR by slowing my pace down to 8:30 mins keeping my HR below 145 as much as possible (also a much better pace for a marathon). This definitely helped keep things cooler resulting in a much more comfortable 6 1/2 miles:smile:

Tin Pot

Guru
Two weeks with Achilles/calf concerns, not sure it's improving. 4K then a few beers. 2k then some walking.

Half mara after a swim and a bike this coming Sunday. Hmm.

flatflr

Guru
Pleased with myself this weekend.

Out on the bike for a ride on Sunday with a mate around some lanes and then to a local food festival (caught up with an ex work colleague who was running a stall and had a coffee), 47 miles all in. Then a meal and few drinks, it was my birthday after all.

Sunday was a marathon training run, 16 miles at a nice relaxed pace along the tow path and some local footpaths.

Not too bad for an old git:smile:

atalanta

I cycle for transport and to satisfy the speed demons but my real love is running :wub: we have gorgeous river trails and parkland around here so I make the most of it! Today was a relatively straightforward 6k, not too shabby - nearly a PB but the humidity and headwinds put paid to any record-breaking.

The Rover

Guru
Recovery from a shoulder op is going ok so I'm back on the road managing 3 miles a day at the moment. My fitness took a hit as did my belly!

I normally don't mind going out in the rain as its only for 30 mins or so but this morning I got caught in some massive down pours, appreciate that this might not be the best place to ask but can anyone recommend a water proof/resistant jacket for under £60 ish.

Cheers Stuart.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
5 mile run from car dealers this morning to work and back again this afternoon. Surprisingly feel ok , legs a wee bit tired . So 10 and a bit miles today:training:

DRHysted

Guru
Well the recovery seems to be going well. Today I did 6 sets of 9 minutes running 1 minute walking with no issues (7.66 miles). Slowly ramping it up, but should be ready for the New Forest half marathon in September. Still doing no pace work, I'll wait until I'm at full distance before I'll think about that so the sub 1:30 might not be this year.

flatflr

Guru
Weeks update for me.

The marathon is getting close so the final training week before the taper starts (oh how I hate the taper).

Tuesday - 6 miles of drizzle, preferable to it being too hot
Wednesday - 4 1/2 miles with grey sky, but no rain
Thursday - 12 miles up to Greenham Common, was tempted to do a half marathon but wanted my dinner
Sunday - 20 miles on the tow path to Hungerford, can remember when I was pleased with myself to have ridden this far.

Currently rocking the compression sock look.

All runs off road.

Trunce #6 this evening
http://www.trunce.org/the-race-route/

Another very busy race, with lots of slow running for the first 3/4 mile, to the kissing gate
Due to the steadier start, I had a bit more energy for the hill, & managed to pass a few other runners on it
- think it helped driving to work today, so I had extra energy, rather than riding -

No official results yet, but possibly a series PB (managed to make it to 5, out of the 6)

Top Bottom