Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
All the parkruns I've done, ranked according to elevation:
3 Weymouth
12 Pegwell Bay
140 Whitstable
154 Ashford
198 Shorne Woods
251 Princes Park
308 Margate
317 Folkestone
389 Canterbury
433 Bedgebury Pinetum

I would rate Margate as being more difficult than Folkestone, and Whitstable as more difficult than Ashford, due to the wind factor in both cases. I need to go back and have another go at Folkestone though - both times I've done it, I've arrived late, so my official time is somewhat slower than my actual time.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There is. however, a new run starting on Saturday (29th)
I won't get to the inaugural event, as I'm working an early-turn

That's a shame. There are sill a few local courses that I've yet to try, which is frustrating.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Intervals last night - six of them, at 400m a piece, with 400m recovery in between, and 10 min warm up, 10 min cool down. The first interval was too fast, and the last too slow, but other than that, I hit the target paces and covered 8 and a bit km in total.

I'm enjoying the programme that Endomondo has come up with (so far) - definitely more interesting than churning out weekday 5ks and a Saturday 10k every week.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Got me one of those parkrun barcode wrist bands

I got some of the plastic keyring tags made but I think the wristbands are probably a better option because obviously you can wear them while running.

I keep my barcode tag in the handy small pocket in the back of my shorts - it probably looks like I'm pulling it out of my sweaty bumcrack at the end of the run, which I'm sure must fill the timekeepers with joy.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I got some of the plastic keyring tags made but I think the wristbands are probably a better option because obviously you can wear them while running.

I keep my barcode tag in the handy small pocket in the back of my shorts - it probably looks like I'm pulling it out of my sweaty bumcrack at the end of the run, which I'm sure must fill the timekeepers with joy.
I lost all my little tags in days, the big cc sized one split when I put it in the front hip pocket of my compression shorts, and then I forgot it a few times. So now I just wear the black wrist band at all times (I wish RoadID did one in the rubber wristband form factor) but turned inside out to foil the nosey parkers.

parkrunners being far too friendly and keen to talk about running! ;)

stephec

Legendary Member

I use a small tag as well, best thing to do is safety pin it somewhere on the top half of your top, as a regular barcode scanner myself I can recommend this.

I got some of the plastic keyring tags made but I think the wristbands are probably a better option because obviously you can wear them while running
I have the small tags too, but use a safety pin, to clip it to the bottom seam of my t-shirt, as seen here
https://www.parkrun-barcode.org.uk/parkrun-barcode-tag-3-pack-pr3.aspx
Pontefract #138 (18th January 2014)
139. 1.jpg

Which is a good reason for the t-shirt location
Car-key goes in there, but with most of my shorts having a net-lining, they're in an old sock to prevent the key working its way out, but tearing the netting

A rather damp start to the day:becool:
Nostell #156
Quite surprisingly, the rain stopped between the car-park & the Stable-Block, where we gather
Numbers were reduced, for some reason?:rain:
Think B-I-G, not a loose-box!; http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4099327
As it was the 3 year anniversary, it was deemed a 'beach party' for some reason
Runners turned up in Hawaiian shirts, 'BayWatch', bikinies, etc...
One guy even ran with rolled up trousers/braces, pipe & knotted hankie on head
I started close to the back, not feeling confident, & 'pottered' for the first 1/2 lap
I had my eye on a 'marker' (Lisa, my friend Phils wife, as we're fairly well matched in time/pace)
Maybe I started too far back, as I made my way up to her, but she beat me for about 5 seconds (happy, as she was a minute ahead, at start of lap 2)

I took a camera, I'd meant to take it again, for quite a few weekends
I hadn't realised it was the 3rd birthday, so it was good timing

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Another improvement at parkrun today - but only by a mere 17 seconds, and I didn't crack 25 minutes, which was my target. Still happy with my 25:10 though.

I now have one of the regulars in my sights - she seems very consistent and I was close enough to her today to use her as a target, but she slipped away from me on the second lap. I'm closing the gap though.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Managed a 5 miler and 3 miler this week at my usual pace trying to ease back in after larding it out on holiday. Also squeezed in a 120 commuter miles on the bike so not too bad but the quads are sore ! Will see what I`m feeling like tomorrow morning !

Top Bottom