Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
How are you all keeping Training going? Have you rescheduled goals for 2020, or just Going to keep a clear mind.

i feel like I’m in the best shape ever, for me, but struggling what to aim for in Case events are Just cancelled...
In Wales, for me, Ironman Wales was cancelled yesterday and Cardiff half Marathon was cancelled postponed till March last week. Looking likely no mass gathering events will be taking place for this year in Wales at least. To be honest I'm not really sure how I'd feel travelling to compete anyway.

SWSteve

Guru
In Wales, for me, Ironman Wales was cancelled yesterday and Cardiff half Marathon was cancelled postponed till March last week. Looking likely no mass gathering events will be taking place for this year in Wales at least. To be honest I'm not really sure how I'd feel travelling to compete anyway.

the point about mass gatherings is right, I can’t remember the last time I was somewhere you’d classify as busy, and can’t see ‘big’ city hal& marathons taking place, but am looking at the smaller events (like the two tunnels races in a Bath) and wondering if they’ll actually happen...let alone if I fancy going to an event like that, only to get a phone call from a contact tracker telling me to stay at home for a fortnight.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
10K PB for me on my lunch time run today - 59:09. Pleased with that in hot muggy conditions... 👍

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Nice one! I've been doing my running on the treadmill since the lockdown in March, but I'm away on vacation next week so will get the first outside runs done. Knowing my luck it will rain, heavy rain and torrential rain whilst I'm there...

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Nice one! I've been doing my running on the treadmill since the lockdown in March, but I'm away on vacation next week so will get the first outside runs done. Knowing my luck it will rain, heavy rain and torrential rain whilst I'm there...

Very warm today, but I'm pleased to get a PB.... Could have done with some rain to cool things down & give more oxygen.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Completed my 2020 running goal today.... To run 250km in the year.... ( 5K / week ).

Finally believe my body is conditioned to running after several injuries over the last couple of years.

It's been hard but I think my cycling stamina ( I'm used to riding 200 - 400 kms in difficult conditions ) has helped me realise my goal, and I do look forward to my running nowadays.

Lockdown has helped & being furloughed for 8 weeks enabled me to get out for longer runs in the good weather.

It's just a shame that any 'competitive' events have been curtailed but I have managed to run a 10K in under 60 mins. & significantly improve my pace for a 5K.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That's a great achievement and you're well ahead of schedule.
Running, walking and cycling are a good way of keeping physically and mentally fit, especially during these stressful times.
Keep on keeping on 👍

SWSteve

Guru
Completed my 2020 running goal today.... To run 250km in the year.... ( 5K / week ).

Finally believe my body is conditioned to running after several injuries over the last couple of years.

It's been hard but I think my cycling stamina ( I'm used to riding 200 - 400 kms in difficult conditions ) has helped me realise my goal, and I do look forward to my running nowadays.

Lockdown has helped & being furloughed for 8 weeks enabled me to get out for longer runs in the good weather.

It's just a shame that any 'competitive' events have been curtailed but I have managed to run a 10K in under 60 mins. & significantly improve my pace for a 5K.
That’s a great effort. How are you going on a 5k?

SWSteve

Guru
Have a self-navigated half on Sunday. Torn between using a paper map to navigate or the OS app.
I have a copy of the map it will be held in, but wondering if there is functionality in the app (tap a target and then have it navigate you there) to do the nav for you - any users who can help?

Spartak