Any spoon carvers/wood carvers, turners here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
It's a rather beautiful Mora from Sweden.
View attachment 366461

Fabbers got my kit from Robin Wood.

http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

as advised by Charlotte on YACF.

Nice! Here's one I completed recently.

image.jpeg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Nice! Here's one I completed recently.

View attachment 366463
Beautiful:wub:

I think I have died and gone to heaven. Do you sell them?

I'm a wannabee whittler. I subscribed to an American whittling magazine for two years (until quite recently) and have the knives for the job, but just haven't got round to doing anything about it yet.

I s'pose I'm just whittling my time away. :sad:

Same with my musical instruments, paints and DSLR camera. (bloody forum, cycling, golf and reading that takes my free time). :headshake:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Green woodworker here - tend to spend the winter making this stuff: swill baskets; splint baskets; spoons; chairs; rustic indoor gear.
I'll be at Staithes Arts Festival on 8-9 Sept, which is always a good weekend. And I run courses in a private woodland in North Yorkshire from time to time.
Wow! We got a long way to go yet!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Like to do some when I get the time. Also, although it sounds a bit pretentious, I feel as if I work better if there is some emotional connect.

Made this for child 1, when I knew her (now) husband was going to propose to her.

Untitled_zpsdjodp5iw.png

Edit: The knives I use are flexcut. If you acquire any, be careful. They are VERY sharp.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Whats the point of messing around carving chuffing spoons?, I though my life was innane but this takes the biscuit.

Each to their own and all that, but if they can why not? That knife @Hugh Manatee made is a thing of beauty.

I used to make my own fishing floats, costs more than buying them and not as good, but I'm chuffed to bits when I take my dad fishing and all he will use are the floats I made him.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Whats the point of messing around carving chuffing spoons?, I though my life was innane but this takes the biscuit.
If you haven't anything constructive to say don't bother. If the thread is of no interest to you then move on.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Perhaps then you need to look at your own life if you consider it inane?
My wife doesn't consider the cross in my avatar to be a waste of wall space, or the time I spent carving it for her, to have been wasted or foolish. Neither do my daughters with any of the objects I have carved for them. The only useful objects have been two stone planters carved out of rock, one for my Mum and one for my wife, yet all have been carved and given with love and the recipients take both pride and pleasure in that.

Top Bottom