Any suggestions for hurty knee?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Playing in goal in a kids football match today, twisted my knee, something down the outside of my knee went crack. Big pain now, can't bend the knee much. The interweb suggests its damage to Lateral Collateral Ligament. I am really pi$$ed off now.

The interweb always scares you when you look up medical stuff so I'm hoping this is going to go away pretty quickly but have a horrible feeling I'm going to have an enforced couple of weeks off the bike.

Can't be bothered with the docs, when I have used them in the past for sports injury it has been a bit of a waste of time. Web suggests RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). Don't suppose really there's much else I can do, just got to get on with it and let it heal up. Any other suggestions from anyone gratefully received.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yep RICE is your best bet - but if that doesnt help over the next 48hrs then you need to seek medical help.

could end up causing yourself more long term damage

vickster

Legendary Member
Pay to see a sports physio privately if you don't want to see the GP. Leaving damaged knees is a bad idea if it doesn't get better in a day or two

OP
OP
Doseone

Doseone

Guru
Thanks.

Knee is strapped up and feels slightly better today than yesterday so I am now hopeful this is just a sprain rather than anything more serious. Time will tell but I am hoping for a 2 week recovery rather than a 6-8 week recovery.

I didn't go to the GP, but rang my mate who is a GP and a cyclist and adventure racer and is good on sports injuries. He reckoned that the local surgery would just tell me to take NSAID and put me on the waiting list for physio. He's given me some rehab exercises and told me to MTFU^_^

Top Bottom