Any summer holiday plans this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cancun, Mexico for us. It's our 40th anniversary so fancy something a little different. Done lots of the Med, Spain, Egypt, Turkey etc etc so looking a bit further a field.

Shame is, a lot of former destinations seem to have lost appeal to me, North Africa, Turkey, etc for obvious reasons, yet we had good times there.
Any plans ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Home to Shetland for a week in April, staying with friends and check in on my cottage. Disneyland in June, treat the wee bairn.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I do want to get back to basics mind....the thought of a simple small apartment, self catering in the Med somewhere, buying good local food from local shops, simple eating and relaxing really used to be nice. Maybe next year...All inclusive are OK, but can easily become an eat fest.

Mrs M

Guru
Cancun, Mexico for us. It's our 40th anniversary so fancy something a little different. Done lots of the Med, Spain, Egypt, Turkey etc etc so looking a bit further a field.

Shame is, a lot of former destinations seem to have lost appeal to me, North Africa, Turkey, etc for obvious reasons, yet we had good times there.
Any plans ?
Congratulations :smile:

Reactions: gbb

vickster

Legendary Member
Majorca in late June. Big holiday Burma and Thailand in November

Maybe Prague in September?

TVC

A break from the long haul trips to Asia this year, we are spending 8 days walking in the North East of Iceland, getting right up to the Arctic Circle. It's a fly drive, stopping at three different hotels, plenty of swimming in thermal pools, whale watching and volcano bothering. Should be fun.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A couple of weeks in Mijas southern Spain and maybe a week and some weekends in Middleham ( taking my bike) in my favourite place in the world, the Yorkshire Dales.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Wanted to take the bikes to the south of France but despite us both being teachers, we can only find about 10 days where neither of us have to be somewhere. So thinking of either taking the bikes to Ireland or going to Berlin for a bit (without bikes)

Top Bottom