Any summer holiday plans this year ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Cancun, Mexico for us. It's our 40th anniversary so fancy something a little different. Done lots of the Med, Spain, Egypt, Turkey etc etc so looking a bit further a field.

Shame is, a lot of former destinations seem to have lost appeal to me, North Africa, Turkey, etc for obvious reasons, yet we had good times there.
Any plans ?

Obvious reasons? Hope you come back with your head on. ^_^

Reactions: gbb

stephec

Legendary Member
A break from the long haul trips to Asia this year, we are spending 8 days walking in the North East of Iceland, getting right up to the Arctic Circle. It's a fly drive, stopping at three different hotels, plenty of swimming in thermal pools, whale watching and volcano bothering. Should be fun.
Is volcano bothering legal?

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's going to be a cruise to a small palm fringed island for me this year.
As well as the palm trees there are golden sandy beaches, some good cycling, decent beer from a local micro brewery, 3 golf courses, a wide choice of pubs and cuisine.

The palm trees:

RothesayPalm.jpg

The cruise ship:

903032.jpg

Yes, it's Rothesay for me! Might manage to fit in a cycling break over to France at some point too.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Thinking of Moscow and St Petersburg by train. Been thinking of visiting Dostoyevsky for decades. Thinking of July.

Happy holidays everyone.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
NZ in their summer next Feb. Tutukaka on the North Island, diving in the Poor Knights islands. A Maltese/Maori long time friend and his current GF work at Dive Tutukaka and have convinced us to come and stay in his beach hut for a week. Very basic facilities, but looking at photos and listening to James and Laura, stunning.

Reactions: gbb

Julia9054

Guru
So this thread has got me thinking.
Pretty much decided Berlin for a few days (which i know fairly well) and then the train to Krakow (where i have never been).
Eldest son went to Krakow last summer and says there is lots to see and do.

Top Bottom