Any swimmers here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've joined a triathlon club and in the space of 3 coached swimming sessions, the difference is my technique has been incredible
I was a tri club member a couple of years ago, mainly as it was a requirement of the owner of the pond where they did the open water swims. They were struggling to find a pool for winter sessions at the time and then moved to a different pond the following year, which was unfortunately too far away to be practical for a Sunday morning/ weekday evening session. I'm sure my technique could be vastly improved, but it's finding the coaching thats difficult.

LocalLad

And them doing it to keep fit and healthy should be applauded ;)

I get from one end to the other with the minimum amount of style possible :whistle:
Absolutely should be applauded for it..they seem to be there every day without fail. It's just that they seem to ignore the unwritten rules of sticking with people of a similar pace.

Tin Pot

Guru
First proper training swim today, Swimsmooth "threshold" session. 2.65km.

It's nice to be in the water and feeling strong, even if I'm a pretty poor swimmer :smile:

It's going to be tough to keep these regular but will try to be in the pool tomorrow evening.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have started to take my boy to his lesson on a Tuesday ( level 6 in the national swim school programme) at the aquatics centre in Stratford and I do 30 minutes in the lanes, keeps me from having early beers so I can't be bothered when I get back at gone 18.30

I also take him to swimming club on a Friday in an effort to stay out of the pub, I do an hour in the lanes then .

I sit writing this on the balcony of Becontree pool while he does his second gala in the east London mini league.

My daughter stopped doing galas last year when she got too fast and was time faulted on most of her races.

Levo-Lon

Guru
2016-03-05-20-45-21-916451329.jpeg

Peterborough Lido..

we re-laid all the original paving around the pool in the late 90's hundreds of them and most were all caked in mortar..very nice job and all the new paint..lo8ks a treat.
Mum was the locker attendant in the 70's so me and my mates had free summer holidays at the pool..happy days..
the indoor pool is ok but the lido is a super place on a nice day..
More pics of this beautiful Lido
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&oe=utf-8&safe=images&q=peterborough+lido&source=browser-suggest&qsubts=1457210542521#imgrc=ZNxpn1PLRY0aBM:

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Blimey, the Mounts pool is still there?!?! I went to college in N'pton years and years ago, and I swam there regularly!!

You should take Miss Goodbody, I heard she likes to get a length in.

Stephenite

Membå
Does everyone goggles? I can't get on with them. It feels like they gradually suck my eyeballs out of their sockets and into the goggle space.

screenman

Legendary Member
Does everyone goggles? I can't get on with them. It feels like they gradually suck my eyeballs out of their sockets and into the goggle space.

Goggle all the time in the pool, prescription ones as well for without out them I would not find my way to the other end.

Sounds like you do not have good fitting goggles, I do not even know mine are there.

Last edited:

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I grew up along The River Dee, swimming up and down with the tide as a kid has always made me wonder how my parents let me get away with it.

I swim when I am on holiday.

screenman

Legendary Member
I grew up along The River Dee, swimming up and down with the tide as a kid has always made me wonder how my parents let me get away with it.

I swim when I am on holiday.

I had the Thames, I was convinced the bridges over it near me was only there for us to dive off.

Lullabelle

Banana
Goggle all the time in the pool, prescription ones as well for without out them I would not find my way to the other end.

Sounds like you do not have good fitting goggles, I do not even know mine are there.

I always wear goggles when swimming because I like to swim under water and the chlorine stings my eyes.

Top Bottom