Any Virgin TV users on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you are, do you use the Android app to watch it?

Reviews seem to be a bit uncomplimentry, so before I buy a tablet specifically for the purpose I thought I'd ask the great and good on here.

KneesUp

Guru
Virgin customer = yes
Android app user = no

Their app which you could theoretically use to remotely program the Tivo was hopeless, but that's the sum total of my vaguely relevant experience.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
I use theTV go app on iOS and it works ok.
Long term virgin customer for tv, broadband.
Don’t use the app much but it’s great for watching the grand tours in my office when I’m supposed to be working. :secret:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes I use the app on android. Long long term virgin media user.

It's predecessor (renamed, same app) which hasn't been gone that long was terrible. It also had horrific compatibility issues (relatively short list of phones it worked on) and didn't work on many phones, with long waits of 6 to 18 months.

New one loads much faster and doesn't seem plagued by incompatibilities. For example it works on android 9 shock horror. When i needed to switch a device (only two allowed) they have changed it so it is a couple of clicks whereas before a huge amount of faffing on the website. If you watch live tv it is about 90 seconds behind real life.

marinyork

Now I have more time I would add that I don't think I would buy a tablet for it.

No HD btw. Although even to this day netflix I think still limits phones to 720p, but that looks gorgeous in comparison.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm an Android use, but I'm not a virgin :laugh:

Not a virgin TV user either - I've been watching TV for decades...

You ask a sensible question...... :smile:

Thanks to everyone for the replies but I don't think I'll be doing it now, it was for someone who's in hospital long term, but seeing how patchy the wireless has been in there over the past few days it looks like it won't be worth it.

marinyork

You ask a sensible question...... :smile:

Thanks to everyone for the replies but I don't think I'll be doing it now, it was for someone who's in hospital long term, but seeing how patchy the wireless has been in there over the past few days it looks like it won't be worth it.

Nice gesture.

Yeah, understand 2G/3G/4G very dodgy in hospitals here. Eduroam is the only thing that works in the hospitals and you need a university login for that.

Red17

Veteran
Virgin TV user, and I often use my android tablet for watching TV using the app.

Always seemed pretty straightforward to me with no issues

Red17

Veteran
Should also add that from last year sometime they enabled you to watch TV on the tablet when you were out of the country, which I have used when on holiday

Top Bottom