Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm purposefully not watching the Semis to better enhance Saturday's magic!! I'm so excited, I can't wait.

When I told the children in my class I was going, they thought I was representing the UK and made me a 'Good Luck' card.

I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to a live Eurovision show. I bet you'll have a blast!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to a live Eurovision show. I bet you'll have a blast!

Genuinely...it's a lifelong dream. Not ironically. Genuinely. Secondly only to actually competing. I'm beside myself.

My husband and son went to the European finals (when we lost). This is my cup final. (We are now skint and don't have many kidneys left to sell)

AndyRM

XOXO
Genuinely...it's a lifelong dream. Not ironically. Genuinely. Secondly only to actually competing. I'm beside myself.

My husband and son went to the European finals (when we lost). This is my cup final. (We are now skint and don't have many kidneys left to sell)

That's awesome. You're clearly embracing the fabulousness with your dress!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I realised this many years ago when I first came across the contest, I also realised it wasn't funny or the least bit interesting, as far as I can see nothing has changed, except maybe the adoption of it by the LGBT community, which is great if that's your thing,
I think it was supposed to be a serious song contest in the early years.

To be fair, yes it is pretty corny and unfunny, I am strangely neutral about it all, but I was just commenting on the people (generally, not necessarily in this thread) who seem to get wound up about it every year, I mean, move on people! 😆

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm purposefully not watching the Semis to better enhance Saturday's magic!! I'm so excited, I can't wait.

When I told the children in my class I was going, they thought I was representing the UK and made me a 'Good Luck' card.

Brilliant, you have to question their teachers with such fundamental misunderstandings of life... oh hang on! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only joking, enjoy! you did amazingly well to get a ticket. We were in Liverpool at the weekend and its in full Eurovison welcome mode. It was a lovely atmosphere.

Top Bottom