Anybody got any of the Aldi kit yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought 2 softshell jackets (may not need them but I'm a sweaty beggar and it's nice to be able to wash them regularly), 1/2 doz pairs socks, 2 pairs each of arm & leg warmers (great fit and I'm a long person) and a beanie hat/overshoe set. Wasn't really after the overshoes as such, but if they fit all well and good and beanies can set you back the £6.99 the set cost on their own. No shoes over a size ten, in the UK in this day and age that's a bit daft! T'was like first day of the sales in the Stanground branch this morning!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got the cap and overshoes for me - overshoes are good for damp or cold mornings (previous ones are worn out now) and the cap is great under a helmet when the temps really drop.

Also purchased the pannier rack for my wife - has the springy flap which my wife wanted. Bolts are a bit low budget, but I have a big box of spares and will be using the spares to attach the rack to the frame. Comes flat packed, so assembly of the sides is necessary - overall very good for £9.99.

Rando

Veteran
Just popped out in my lunch break and purchased :
Winter Cycling Jacket
Winter Cycling shirt
Gloves
Socks
Rain Jacket

All for about £50 !! Not sure of the quality of these items (everyone states you get what you pay for but heres hoping) so will check them out when I get home tonight. I must agree with the sizing issues that others are having. I manged to try on the winter jacket and would normall buy large but needed XL so hoping the other items I bought are of similiar size as it wasn't posible to try on the winter shirt or rain jacket.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Got a Merino top, 2 pairs of socks and some arm-warmers at lunchtime.

Bit of a bun fight in the shop. Managed to get the last 2 pairs of 9-11 socks, and the last pair of large arm-warmers (both of which fit pretty well, although the tops maybe a tad short and disappointingly doesn't have any pockets).

The Merino tops were nearly all gone too.

top-tube

Über Member
Plenty of stock in Bathgate. I'm an Aldi fan, and the previouse stuff I've had from there has lasted really well. So managed to hold back a bit and got some MTB shorts, winter bib trousers and some arm warmers. Also took advantage of their very cheap 2300mh rechargeable batteries. All in £36 - bargain.

Leah

I got some of the winter trousers, they look great. Not sure on fit yet as i'm on work.

Really wanted a jacket too - the white winter ones but bank said no lol

Bodmass

Regular
Merino top
Pump
Gloves
Socks (x4)
Shoes (so had to spend another £20 @ Evans for the pedals) - The shoes seem a good compromise for trying out cleats for the first time, if I get on with them I'll upgrade them at Xmas I think
Wish I hadn't gone and bought my waterproofs elsewhere last week.

Loads of stock in Milton Keynes, even at lunchtime

Shoe sizes come up very odd. I'm a 9, sometimes 10, but found the 8s were the best fit. I've never worn 8s as an adult :eek:

Greg8

Got to my local aldi at 9.07 all the medium tops had gone ! Was going to get the shoes but didnt have my size so I bought the padded winter trousers in medium perfect fit despite my being a bit of a shortarse I also bought the winter jacket good job I tried it on as a medium was too small so went for the large also bought the watch with heart rate monitor but having second thoughts about that havent opened it yet not really sure I need it but you do tend to get a bit carried away when surrounded by people with armfuls of stuff! (I do anyway) final purchase was the pack of 4 reflective yellow strips with lights a good buy as my son can have two.

RedBike

Merino Jersey, shoes, undershirt and bib shorts.

I've yet to try any of this lot on so we'll see. Assuming the sizing is sensible then these should be great for the commute.

Got the winter trousers, Winter Cycling Jacket and arm bands (to be used on the dogs collars) wanted gloves and fleece jacket but the Xl's were too small and had to take the jacket back as it would not fit SWMBO and was tight in the shoulders on me. No problem getting a refund and it is a pity the sizes were a bit scrimpy, as it is reasonable kit for the price

Joe D

Veteran
Got the gloves after seeing them mentioned on here earlier this week. Thanks for the heads up. Sizing not very generous as mentioned. Perth store was busy even at 9am. I had my eye on a pair at over £20 on Wiggle, so if they do the job then I've made a good saving.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Mrs Tiswas nipped down to the Catford branch for a medium merino jersey for moi, they didnt have a mens medium so in her wisdom she gets a ladies medium .......... fits perfect !! Plain black but still great . Strange thing is that on the packet it states that the ladies medium is between a 34-36 but on the label on the garment its got 38-40, im a 38 so it fits perfectly ...........

Got a overshoe and hat combo too, not sure about the overshoes but the hat looks the biz and seems to be quite toasty.

Socks great value as per usual.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I called in on my way home. Got the last pair of medium bibbed tights and XL winter jersey (red). Spent £22 and when I got home tried them on. Both seem the right size for me 15 1/2 stone and 5' 10", short 30" inside leg, 36" waist and 44" chest. Only had one pair of leg warmers (s/m). I might try a different store tomorrow to see what they have left :whistle: .

Top Bottom