Anybody got any of the Aldi kit yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stacks of stock at 6.30pm in my local (to home) store, so picked up the flo. rain jacket in medium. Snug fit (can't be having excess fabric flapping in the wind - slows you down :tongue:) and feels good quality. Reflective bits are good quality also.

Pannier Rack fitted to wife's bike and it's good, very good for £9.99. Plenty of adjustment available. Wife happy with the spring flap...most current racks don't have these.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Didn't see the racks and panniers in Hinckley so I'll be looking for them tomorrow as well. Forgot they'd had racks on offer.

Mike!

Guru
I got two pairs of the winter bib trousers, winter jacket, 2 pairs of socks, pair of gloves & some shoes (never been clipped so thought i would try them!)

May even go back for the cap and overshoes!!

Got to check the fit but hope they are ok..........

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Merino top - looks alright, a bit itchy - may get better after a wash

Arm warmers - feel okay & good fit

HRM - if its crap its a cheap watch, if not will be an adition to my hypochondria :biggrin:

managed to avoid buying for buying sake!

As usual got mixed up and went to the Lidl nearby first :blush: (& a lad on spesh roubaix!)

though noticed they have there stuff in a couple of weeks - workstand a possibilty

pepecat

Bought a pair of their socks - size 6 - 8.5, and they're a terrible fit. Far too much room in the toes and too much material ruched up on the top of the sock. Shall stick to my usual cotton-socks-that-you-wear-everyday i think.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Got all my winter kit from the Aldi near Elland Road - winter top, winter trousers, overshoes/over 'bald' head , gloves and socks. Great value at £36. Didn't bother with the fluro waterproof jacked. Noticed that Mountain Warehouse have one for £21 which is much better quality - so will pick one of those up tomorrow!!:biggrin:

Anyone else in Leeds - I had to search for my sizes and by now unless you have a 44 inch chest and between a 28-30 inch waist you're going to be out of luck!!

Canardly

Veteran
merino top, shoes (couldn't find 45 so fingers crossed with 44) for £20 these are very good. Waterproof jacket also good quality imo, waterproof breathable gloves for a fiver and socks (which contain merino mix) so I am sorted at least for now.Nice to see lots of stock but still had to fight off browsers and why the hell do they make such a mess?

ianjohnson67

Got some winter gloves, socks, Cap & overshoes and waterproof trousers.

Have to say the overshoes are a little on the small side though.

Ian.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
The overshoes don't last 5 minutes, get some good Endura (or equivalent) thick neoprene ones, but the cap is worth the money, it's my must-have for winter riding.

huttster

Got winter trousers,arm warmers,flo' jacket,winter top,gloves and socks,tried socks,trousers and flo' jacket this morning,are trousers supposed to be a bit baggy or tight?Got a large as usual but could probably fit my missus in there too!(nice and warm though)Am 35 waist might try to get a medium today,impressed with socks,worn with no overshoes today and still kept feet warm despite plenty of ventillation on shoe,had to get extra large on jacket(s) and did'nt get hit once this morning!Quite new to this so still trying out what suits me for comfort,probably try (large) arm warmers on way home,they seem a good fit but i have got quite big upper arms.

Strange thing is that on the packet it states that the ladies medium is between a 34-36 but on the label on the garment its got 38-40, im a 38 so it fits perfectly ...........
That's weird...I got a women's medium too  and it definitely says 34-36 on the label, so maybe yours is actually a men's one in the wrong packet?! 

Also got a couple of pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of socks and a lock to use as a spare. Stuff was selling quickly at 9am yesterday in York - the merino tops, rain jackets and shoes were going down particularly well! Might pop in on the way home from work today to see whether there's anything left.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Got winter trousers,arm warmers,flo' jacket,winter top,gloves and socks,tried socks,trousers and flo' jacket this morning,are trousers supposed to be a bit baggy or tight?Got a large as usual but could probably fit my missus in there too!(nice and warm though)Am 35 waist might try to get a medium today,impressed with socks,worn with no overshoes today and still kept feet warm despite plenty of ventillation on shoe,had to get extra large on jacket(s) and did'nt get hit once this morning!Quite new to this so still trying out what suits me for comfort,probably try (large) arm warmers on way home,they seem a good fit but i have got quite big upper arms.

I got Bib Longs. Would usually go for XL, but based on quoted waist sizes decided L would be better. Not baggy, but certainly not too tight either.
Got Arm & Legwarmers too, and gloves too.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Sizing really odd. Small Jersey not small, just long and narrow, long sleeves too. Not in proportion (or is it me?) :smile: Likewise the Longs - small waist - fits me at 30", but legs miles too long. Arm and leg warmers a little too long too, but will keep them - but stitching beginning to unravel after first use. :sad: 6.5-8 socks very roomy - I'm a 7 - hope they shrink a bit. And as i said in the other thread, 'Biking' plastered all over the gloves is really naff, and put me off buying them. Really don't think I will bother next time - get a feeling that the quality is going down, compared with previous years, as the price drifts upwards - likewise Lidl's cycling kit?

Top Bottom