Anybody in London N1 want to do me a favour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect a large majority have had basements flooded, and that's it. Hardly devestation.....
It is if you live in a basement flat

"Basement flats in Charlton Place were completely underwater following the rupture at 4am, which also hit high-end properties in Colebrooke Row and the boutique shops of Camden Passage."

I think even a few properties ruined can count as devastation. Not disaster, or tragedy, just devastation.

Also, it's you are claiming to have a superior definition of a word, I think you are obliged to spell it correctly - otherwise it undermines your authority.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
upload_2016-12-5_21-27-46.jpeg

That's devastation. A city reduced to rubble. What we've got in this country is very serious, and traumatic flooding. Which will be fixed within a year by insurance.

srw

<sigh> I guess so, but it's a pretty devalued word, as in "I was devastated when she walked into the room wearing exactly the same dress as me!"
Quite. The article linked early in the thread used the word, I think, four times.

I think what's happened is that the word has first been transferred as a metaphor to be applied to a person ("I was, like, devastated"), which has begun devauling it. It's then been re-transferred back as a supposedly literal description of a place.

srw

Anyway. Enquiring minds want to know why @Globalti wants to track someone down. And why he's expecting someone to do his work for him for free rather than hiring a private investigator.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I need somebody in London N1 to go and ring a doorbell at a flat then tell me if anybody replies. That's all.

How many letters have you sent them?

(just repeating my question from the last time)

I cycle that way and would happily be willing to help if someone had a genuine favour to ask.. However they OP is missing far too much information for me to want to get involved. Pad it out with an awful lot more information and you may get someone willing to help, particularity as the last thread you offered no more information.. As it stands, it could be anything and the person opening the door could be anyone, <Scottish Accent> "And for that reason, I'm out </Scottish Accent>

Also, people in London often do not answer their door to an unexpected knock (especially people who are avoiding someone/something)
Or be on their guard and not take too kindly to someone who is clearly either checking they exist or is lying to hide that they are checking.

U

User6179

I need somebody in London N1 to go and ring a doorbell at a flat then tell me if anybody replies. That's all.

Order a takeaway to the address and pay with your credit card then phone up a couple of hours later complaining it was not delivered and see what they say .

Top Bottom