Anybody in Newcastle Upon Tyne area.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there anyone in the area who have hybrid/mountain bikes who would like to meet up for rides. At the moment I ride by myself which can be a bit boring at times especially if it is a ride that takes a few hours. I live in Wallsend, I am 47 years old (not important but just thought I would mention it) and my available full days are Sunday/Monday. The reason I have chosen the types of bikes above is because sometimes I ride in areas that may be unfit for road bicycles. Anyone interested?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why not ask at a fewe bike shops like Steel's in Gosforth?

(I used to go and bother Mike Steel with stupid requests when I was a bike-bodging teenager living in Gosforth, the poor bloke was amazingly patient with me!)

AndyRM

XOXO
How 'unfit for road bicycles' are we talking? I live in The Wallsend Riviera and this could give me an excuse to put my Cannondale back together properly, with some semi-slick tyres on it.

DaveyM

Über Member
there is a group who meet at the cycle hub (Newcastle Quayside) on MTB and ride the cycle routes round this area, can't be more specific try having a ride down and ask

:welcome:

OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
Quite a few riders on here:
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

in your neck of the woods, and no they're not all mountain bikers, there's a road section too.
Thank you for this information though the only person I can find in this site is a guy from Sunderland and the distances he rides are far beyond my capabilities yet (his 110 miles to my 40 miles) but I think it will be worth getting ih touch with him in the future.

OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
How 'unfit for road bicycles' are we talking? I live in The Wallsend Riviera and this could give me an excuse to put my Cannondale back together properly, with some semi-slick tyres on it.
To tell you the truth I don't really know if a track is unfit for a road bike or not as Ive only had experience of riding hybrid/mountain bikes in the past. Some of the tracks are mainly gravel and can be bumpy at times. My hybrid tyres are not knobbly so the tyres do not need to be knobbly.
I must live quite close to you if you live just round the corner from the Seg, as I live by the town hall.

AndyRM

XOXO
To tell you the truth I don't really know if a track is unfit for a road bike or not as Ive only had experience of riding hybrid/mountain bikes in the past. Some of the tracks are mainly gravel and can be bumpy at times. My hybrid tyres are not knobbly so the tyres do not need to be knobbly.
I must live quite close to you if you live just round the corner from the Seg, as I live by the town hall.

We are practically neighbours! I'm busy this weekend but would be up for a ride next Sunday if you like. Drop me a PM and we can make a plan.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not bothered by a bit of rain!

Need to check my wife's cool with it, but she's out on Saturday so will be ruined for most of Sunday leaving me free.

Assuming all's good, how about 9am? Do you have a route in mind?

OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
All's good, 9am is fine. The route I thought could be Wallsend to Dinnington via S. Gosforth. From Dinnington there is a track that leads to Backworth then from there, there are some tracks that eventually leads to Coast Road, then back to Wallsend. Should take about 2 to 3 hours

AndyRM

XOXO
All's good, 9am is fine. The route I thought could be Wallsend to Dinnington via S. Gosforth. From Dinnington there is a track that leads to Backworth then from there, there are some tracks that eventually leads to Coast Road, then back to Wallsend. Should take about 2 to 3 hours

Approval granted. See you at 9 on Sunday outside the Town Hall.

Top Bottom