Foglight season is upon us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Often see it. It's misty, I can see cars at least 1/4 to 1/2 mile in the distance but fella in front has his foglights on ...yay

Erasmus

Often see it. It's misty, I can see cars at least 1/4 to 1/2 mile in the distance but fella in front has his foglights on ...yay

Or the reverse, when it's genuinly foggy and you need to slow down to 40 on the motorway, but idiots are still flashing past at 80 because they thinks their foglights make that ok...........

Slick

Guru
one less to cull, Scotland is overrun with them...

Re driving home from the pub drunk, back in the 70/80's an old boy used to drive back home from the pub at 5-10 mph down a local bridal way. Not strictly legal but I guess he wasn't posing much risk to others. I believe the local bobbie pulled him on it one night.
That's a disgusting attitude.

Nothing wrong with deer management but that's just wrong. Also, what are all the wee muntjac's doing running around Norfolk and the like. Lots of small carcasses lying rotting at the side of the road there.

Alex321

Veteran

It is not only exceedingly annoying, but it is actually illegal.

Foglights are only allowed to be used in "conditions of severely reduced visibility". And while the law doesn't specify just what that means, the few cases which have gone to court have interpreted it as meaning maximum visibility somewhere between 100 yards and 200 yards.

The Highway Code suggests 100 metres.

Reactions: gbb

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Many moons ago I got pulled over approaching York by a police car for having my fr fog lights on when it wasn't foggy so when I explained to him that I only had 1 dip beam working he said well get that fixed asap and drive safely without even checking I was being honest which of course I was .

First job the next morning was to fit a new headlamp bulb.

gbb

Legendary Member
Many moons ago I got pulled over approaching York by a police car for having my fr fog lights on when it wasn't foggy so when I explained to him that I only had 1 dip beam working he said well get that fixed asap and drive safely without even checking I was being honest which of course I was .

First job the next morning was to fit a new headlamp bulb.

Respect for your honesty but I used to see almost daily, the same cars on my countryside road commute, one light out, fog lights on almost as a permanent fix. i don't know why, it fairly used to annoy me. I do know why really, because in general, I like to do things right. It's a curse sometimes because youd like to think everyone would be the same...and there it all falls down.

Top Bottom