Anybody off to the cycle show at the Nec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Anybody going to the Cycle show at the NEC this weekend. The ex brother-in-law has got tickets for it and really looking forward to it. Never been before, so it will be a new one for me.

I'm there tomorrow on the trade day. I'll take some photos of anything interesting.

bpsmith

Veteran
I was fancying it last year. Was supposed to arrange a family trip for this year, but we never got around to it.

Will be very interested to hear anyone’s opinions though, ready for next year. :smile:

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I read about it only today in a magazine so not enough time to arrange something but would love to go to event like this ..
Any later in the year ? London Earls Court perhaps ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I read about it only today in a magazine so not enough time to arrange something but would love to go to event like this ..
Any later in the year ? London Earls Court perhaps ?
Normally Excel in Feb.

http://thelondonbikeshow.co.uk/

Or Spin London at Olympia, springtime? Went this year, was ok...mainly as was free!

Pretty sure they've knocked Earls Court down?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Might do if my boy wants to go.
Benefits:
Seeing lots of cycles and cyclists and stars might enthuse him even further in his cycling, meaning that he will be doing Sportives by the time he is 8, 100 miles by the time he is 10, and ensuring a life time of healthy exercise and fun.
Problems:
He'll want the latest, best and most expensive kit, rather than his £6 e-bay bargain.

An eclectic collection of exhibitors. Pinarello probably have the largest stand with loads of bikes, and all the other usual names.

Surprisingly, there seemed slightly fewer e-bikes retailers than last time, although some were new brands, along with a couple of Chinese manufacturers. A growing market seems to be e-mountain bikes.

Lots of fat bikes along with bikes clearly aimed to tempt Harley Davidson bikers.

Quite a few small independent retailers selling niche cycling products, which is nice to see.

IMG_20170921_114315.jpg
IMG_20170921_114233.jpg

mustang1

Guru
Since it's your first time, you'll pry like it. For me it's too far to travel and, well, a bike show... It's not really my thing.

You know how some people say "cars are boring and all look the same"? Well I think bikes are worse. Well, after youve seen 10 bikes it's all bit... Samey.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Since it's your first time, you'll pry like it. For me it's too far to travel and, well, a bike show... It's not really my thing.

You know how some people say "cars are boring and all look the same"? Well I think bikes are worse. Well, after youve seen 10 bikes it's all bit... Samey.

Agreed, I've been to a few Bike shows and... Meh

Top Bottom