Anybody off to the cycle show at the Nec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Usually more!!
Seems to be the same now, perhaps I'm not in advance enough any more. Actually the ticket price will be the least of my concerns if I go!

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Just got myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. I must of spend ££££s window shopping. I particularly liked the Shand bike display. They looked a very nice bike indeed.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4966942, member: 45"]Margins are much smaller for manufacturers of bicycles, so the cycle show is a poor comparison.[/QUOTE]
Seriously?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seriously?

Gross margins may not be smaller, but marketing budgets certainly are.

I know the owner of the Wisper ebikes brand quite well.

He tells me his stand will cost about £5,000, which is a big slice of his marketing budget.

I expect he will be on his stand 12 hours a day, each day, partly because he's committed to the business, but also because the job won't run to lots of staff and hotel bills.

I particularly liked the Shand bike display. They looked a very nice bike indeed.
Yes indeed, Very.
I think it was Shand who had their stall dec'd with Tunnocks Tea Cakes a coupla years ago :smile:

Sixmile

Veteran
Thread bump....

I've been considering booking flights to birmingham for the weekend of the NEC bikeshow in June 2022. For those who've been there done that, is it worth going to? I've never been to a big bike show and fancy it for something different. Flights from Belfast are pretty reasonable for in Saturday am, out Sunday pm but I'd also need to look out a fairly cheap hotel in the city centre for Saturday. Anyone here going?

https://nationalcyclingshow.com/whats-on/

yello

Wow, that's some thread bump! 2017!!

I'm afraid I got bored with bike shows. Ditto motorbike ones. I used to go with a sense of excitement (to see all the new stuff) then that excitement became more like obligation, a day out... and then I finally gave up.

If you've never been to one then do it, enjoy the experience. They are interesting to be fair. Don't expect too much, and maybe plan some other activity for your trip too.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thread bump....

I've been considering booking flights to birmingham for the weekend of the NEC bikeshow in June 2022. For those who've been there done that, is it worth going to? I've never been to a big bike show and fancy it for something different. Flights from Belfast are pretty reasonable for in Saturday am, out Sunday pm but I'd also need to look out a fairly cheap hotel in the city centre for Saturday. Anyone here going?

https://nationalcyclingshow.com/whats-on/
I wouldn’t make a special trip for it.I went many years ago as I had a free ticket and a very cheap train fare. Met @BrumJim for a coffee IIRC!

There’s also one at Alexandra Palace in April if London holds more appeal than Birmingham

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A friend is exhibiting this year so I might ride up and say hello. He gets a stack of free tickets so I might be able to send some out if people are interested and he has not already given them to customers.

Top Bottom