Anybody with a Kindle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I ask because I am dyslexic and there's nothing I hate more than academic text books that are printed in a tiny font, with single line spacing and the text appears as just one big, dense blob on each page.

It takes me ages to read a book like that, my eye jumps about all over the place.

I love double-spaced books where the eye can follow the line - I can rattle through books like that in a jiffy.

So with a Kindle, can you adjust the layout/font of the book that you're reading? E.g. can you make it 12pt font, arial, double spaced, if you want to?

ELL

Über Member
have a look here. I keep thinking about getting one

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
You can adjust the font, font size, line spacing, the whole damn shooting match. Awesome thing.

Bluebell72

The birthday fairy is bringing me one...:biggrin:

I am so looking forward to holidays and trips where I don't have ten books in my suitcase/rucksack.
I'll be able to buy books on holiday from junk and charity shops instead ;)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The changing font size is one of my favourite things. It takes about two seconds. Brilliant around this time of year...when the light starts to fade at the end of the day, just make the font a bit bigger. Sorted.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1315924499' post='1839491']
The changing font size is one of my favourite things. It takes about two seconds. Brilliant around this time of year...when the light starts to fade at the end of the day, just make the font a bit bigger. Sorted.
[/quote]

I love flipping the screen to landscape, such a minor thing, but so handy!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
The birthday fairy brought the GF one just before we went on our jollies to Greece this summer. She even allowed me to download my paper (free 2 week trial). Which we did whenever we found free wi-fi in cafes or bars. Really quick downloading whole papers or books. Brill bit of kit.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Download the Kindle previewer application for PC or Mac. It accurately emulates the Kindle display so you can play about with it and see what you think. (The legibility of the actual Kindle display will probably be better though.)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The birthday fairy is bringing me one...:biggrin:

I am so looking forward to holidays and trips where I don't have ten books in my suitcase/rucksack.
I'll be able to buy books on holiday from junk and charity shops instead ;)

Aren't you familiar with the weight emulator?

To give the Kindle something approximating to the feel of a book it gets progressively heavier as books are loaded into it. Don't whatever you do download Encyclopaedia Britannica it will take you over your personal luggage weight allowance an all of the major airlines.

Top Bottom