Anyone braving the cold today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Cuchilo, 25 Feb 2018.

1. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

i went out for about 20 miles yesterday and the wind was bitter cold . It was horrible and its supposed to be colder today .
    I might go for a ride in it :wacko:

Katherine likes this.
  2. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

I am braving it all the way to spoons for brekkie, in the car of course. I may venture out later on the bike if I can find the stabilisers.

Oldbloke, Tin Pot and raleighnut like this.
  3. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

Had a temperature , full of snot aka man flu
    Think i will pass although probably turbo blast later.

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Don't want to make you jealous but I'm typing this from my hotel in Khartoum where it's expected to hit 38c today. I won't be cycling though, might go to the pool later.

5. cyberknight

cyberknight Bullied off cc

Some people just need a good kick in the shins .

6. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

No I went yesterday, 15 miles felt like 30. The freezing hadwind was very unpleasant. Although out of the wind it actually didn't feel too cold, although today is forecast to be colder. I'll go to the gym instead :smile:

7. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

I didn't get chance to ride yesterday, so I'll make the effort to go for a ride today. With snow forecast here, most days this week & back at work from Tuesday It'll probably be just turbo spins rest of the week :sad:

8. Buck

Buck Veteran

I’m hoping to get out later. Let it warm up a degree or two! I’ve got a silly tickle cough at the minute so don’t want to make it worse - will end up like a bank robber with a snood over my face!

Forecast has some sun for this PM so might make it more bearable.

9. vickster

The skies are beautiful blue here but the wind is brutal and not to be braved again

10. Buck

Buck Veteran

You can rest easy knowing you did you ride yesterday and laugh at us fools out today!

NorthernDave likes this.
  11. vickster

Yep it's just a shame as without the wind, it looks lovely for cycling and the forecast for the week means no cycling!

12. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

did 20 yesterday , was ok going but bad news battling the wind on the way back , it's mainly my hands that cop it , but it's a put up and shut up situation really ,so I popped into the pub my Lad works , his GF got me a nice plate of chips n gravy ! that warmed up the bell ringers ! ,
    I actually had an 'off' yesterday , first one for about 3 years , misjudged an entrance into a park and my peddle hit a small stone wall and that was me me flat on my back ! , no witnesses so no hurt pride ! , and the bike is ok !
    result !
    I'll be out in a bit , got to find a stables near Ham Hall for GF ,
    so yes , ozboz the brave will be out today !!

13. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Probably, but I didn't go out for my club's 6am ride.

14. GM

GM Guru

I might have a little pootle over to the Excel for the bike show, but then again I might not.

15. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Heading out in an hour or so.

fatjel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice