Anyone braving the cold today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We were out yesterday for a 43m ride. It was minus 3 all the way and sunny. After the cafe break it took a good while to warm up again. Today it is bright and snowing. A day of rest, a walk and some cake, followed by a western on the tv. A relaxing Sunday.

50 miles yesterday and halfway through 50km today. The coldness of the wind isn't the issue round here, it's the strength of the gusts. Not quite fenland gusts but with my current fitness, it doesn't feel far off!!

pawl

Legendary Member
i went out for about 20 miles yesterday and the wind was bitter cold . It was horrible and its supposed to be colder today .
I might go for a ride in it :wacko:

Just back from a 15 miler.tail wind out at an avg 18 MPH.Return head wind,had difficulty averaging 12 MPH.

Never really got warm.Looks like the turbo is going to be favourite for the next two or three days.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just got back. We only did 10 miles, 5 against a 12mph cold wind.:cold: One hill I usually ride, had to walk it today. :sad: Ass and back not used to riding again. Enjoyed it though. Now in my DIY uniform ,ready for more work in the kitchen

D

Deleted member 1258

just back having only done 25 miles, lovely in the sun and out of the wind, but into the wind most of the way back, the wind is strong gusting and bitter cold, going down the pub for Sunday dinner once I've showered and changed, I feel I've earned it.

Back from 17 miles with MrsC. A mixed path and road route. Took the Wirral Way out into the cold East Wind so there was some shelter and then turned around on the road with the wind mostly at our backs. Not as bad as expected. Feel quite relaxed now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was too cold up on the hills yesterday so I won't be going up there again today, but I might nip up the more sheltered A646 valley road to Burnley and back on my singlespeed bike. Any wind in the valley would help me on the ride out which is more uphill than the ride back. OTOH ... it is nice and warm in the house! :laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I manage 20 miles before my toes started to get cold so i headed home making it close to 25 miles . Might nip into Twickenham to pick up a bit of fish for dinner on the winter bike for a more relaxed ride in the sunshine .

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Are they riding to, then completing The Tom Simpson Memorial Ride ?

Some clubmates set off at 07:00 to do it 100 mile plus when done, its far too cold for me.

Nope. It's the weekly "Dad's Club" ride, which starts at 6am and aims to be back by 9am, for those who can't make a typical weekend ride due to family/other commitments. We started it last year and there's been a small but regular group of riders.

I'm off to Sid's Cafe in Holmfirth instead now this afternoon.

Top Bottom