Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My trip to Florida and Canada at the end of April is looking in jeopardy, as much as I don't want to get stuck over there or get sick as I'm travelling alone in Canada and visiting a friend in her 70's in Florida (in good health but even so).

I have insurance and most of my booking can be cancelled at little/no cost. I have one flight that is not flexible, so I'm hoping Delta cancel the plane from Florida to Montreal and refund (obviously if I'm unable to fly to the US, I'll be able to claim on insurance)

Bummer as I was looking forward to a break, fortunately my current employer is fine with me postponing (I may yet take a week or two as staycation).

I'm holding off cancelling for now but I'm not optimistic

Anyone else had to adjust their plans?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My trip to Florida and Canada at the end of April is looking in jeopardy, as much as I don't want to get stuck over there or get sick as I'm travelling alone in Canada and visiting a friend in her 70's in Florida (in good health but even so).

I have insurance and most of my booking can be cancelled at little/no cost. I have one flight that is not flexible, so I'm hoping Delta cancel the plane from Florida to Montreal and refund (obviously if I'm unable to fly to the US, I'll be able to claim on insurance)

Bummer as I was looking forward to a break, fortunately my current employer is fine with me postponing (I may yet take a week or two as staycation).

I'm holding off cancelling for now but I'm not optimistic

Anyone else had to adjust their plans?
I can't see your trip happening, so let's hope that Delta cancel!

As for my plans... I didn't have any holidays planned for this year anyway, but my sisters usually visit me 4 or 5 times a year. I could see those trips being cancelled.

I'll try to do my forum ride a week on Saturday but will have to see what happens after that. I would like to do the other rides that we usually do every year up here but if things get really bad then I might end up solo riding for the rest of the year to reduce my risk of picking up the virus. I've had very serious lung issues in the past (I may have mentioned them once or twice... :whistle:) and I definitely do NOT want to suffer that kind of thing again if I can avoid it.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I can't see your trip happening, so let's hope that Delta cancel!

As for my plans... I didn't have any holidays planned for this year anyway, but my sisters usually visit me 4 or 5 times a year. I could see those trips being cancelled.

I'll try to do my forum ride a week on Saturday but will have to see what happens after that. I would like to do the other rides that we usually do every year up here but if things get really bad then I might end up solo riding for the rest of the year to reduce my risk of picking up the virus. I've had very serious lung issues in the past (I may have mentioned them once or twice... :whistle:) and I definitely do NOT want to suffer that kind of thing again if I can avoid it.
Indeed, it's £300 so in the general scheme of things...

Another reason not to go is to leave my elderly and not in the best of health parents

Lord, were you once ill...well I never ;)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
My bro and SIL flew to Nashville on Saturday, they were in the air when the announcement stopping UK flights happened...hopefully they'll be ok to get home (otherwise,assuming they are fit and well, I might suggest they go stay with the friend in Florida I'll not be visiting, they do know her!)

contadino

Veteran
I wouldn't get in a plane for love nor money for the foreseeable. Too much recirculated air.

Back in early February we were looking for a holiday cottage but held back booking anywhere due to the situation in China. A new caravan was also on the cards this spring but that's not going to happen now either.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
We are going to Schladming in Austria at the end of June, I can’t see that happening.
My friend is there right now, they’ve closed the borders and banned all gatherings of more than 5 people. All bars, restaurants and hotels apparently closed this morning.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My twin grandsons have booked a holiday to Spain with their friends to celebrate the end of their school days in July. I doubt it will go ahead, but they are not that bothered especially the one as he will put his refund towards buying himself driving lessons or a car. They will get all their money back. I will be quite happy if it is cancelled as they both have a genetic condition that means their immune system is only 50% of what it should be.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
With all the borders closed. You would think nothing would be flying. But this is whats flying at the moment.

Top Bottom