Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Given yesterday's advice or if this really get's going Mrs 73's leave look's off. Our holiday in June almost odd's on to be off now :sad:

Julia9054

Guru
I have a ferry booked in late May to go cycling in Belgium and the Netherlands. For once, I purchased travel insurance! I am going to leave it until the last minute but I doubt I will be able to go. Hope I can claim my money back - ferry cost £500. Travel insurance will probably find a way to wriggle out of it though

Jimidh

Veteran
We were supposed to be going to Rome in April but clearly that isn’t happening and have already had a refund from Ryanair. Luckily our accommodation was to be paid in arrival so that was cancelled without any cost to us. ( but I do feel for the owners of the apartment we were staying in)

our big family holiday this year was a trip to California in August. Flights all booked and accommodation reserved but who knows what will happen with that one.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
My poor brother and sil flew to Nashville on Saturday, cessation of flights from UK announced while they were in the air (they couldn’t cancel as flights were going). They’re flying back later today with a different airline.

They’d pretty much paid for everything up front. Hopefully insurance will cover.
:sad:
Sil works as a temp in a west end theatre so she also has no job to come back to :sad:

We never book as we holiday like travellers (we go camping) so at least we'll make it up as we go along, like any other year. Just depends what borders will be open though..... Plan B is to just go camping in Switzerland although i think we'd need to finance the overnight campsite costs...

In any case there's some mountains to be climbed, rivers to be canoed down and lakes to be fished !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
DD2 has just had her BA flight yo Kuala Lumper cancelled.

Rocky

Hello decadence
We've just cancelled our trip to Fiji via NZ. We were going to see No. 1 son in April, who we've not seen for nearly a year. Hopefully we'll get out later in the year.

PK99

Legendary Member
House for 10 in Giggleswick in April cancelled.
Planned but not booked 10 days in Puglia in May, not happening.
Daughter's trip home in June, most unlikely.
Cornwall to see old friend in June, not happening.
Month long trip to Canada in July, looking very unlikely.
Maderia for Xmas, on hold
6 weeks in NZ next January on hold

Not happy bunnies.

Planned trip to Blighty next week cancelled. Would have been staying at my mum's, and my MiL stays with us over here, so don't want that on my conscience. Will see about an Autumn trip, all in the lap of the gods right now. Keep safe folks.........😷

Top Bottom