Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
USA has banned flights from UK and Ireland. You now can’t fly to FlorIda if you wanted to.
I’m not meant to be going until end April. My flight is still scheduled for now. Avios flights. Can cancel up to 24 hours before, however if BA cancel, no fees

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’m not meant to be going until end April. My flight is still scheduled for now. Avios flights. Can cancel up to 24 hours before, however if BA cancel, no fees

We may be banning flights from USA by then!

delb0y

Legendary Member
Wife and I were due to go to Amsterdam tomorrow. Needless to say, not going. But the flight is still on so it's a case of us choosing not to go... which means no refund. It's a fair wad with the hotel as well, but nothing compare to how much my pension fund has gone down. All of which is a bit irrelevant in the light of other peoples' situations.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
25th Wedding Anniversary - we were thinking of Italy. Not till August, but I think the caravan in Prestatyn will do, assuming road travel is OK. More worried about the stress of getting 'stuck' - been there twice in last 15 years. Spoils the holiday.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn't get in a plane for love nor money for the foreseeable. Too much recirculated air.
From BA
All our aircraft are fitted with HEPA filters which remove particulate and bacterial contamination and provide passengers with clean air. They provide the same level of air filtration as hospital operating theatres.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
@vickster
Please contact Delta by phone and explain how the rest of your trip affects that sector. Once they know that, they will allow you to change to a later date for no fee. If that doesn't help you I'm confident that they may even cancel and refund your booking. You'll find that they genuinely value their customers and they'll want to try to help you to ensure that you come back to them in the future. It's something they're good at and it sets them apart from the Ryanairs.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yeah but CoronaVirus Covid19 isn’t airborne. It in liquid globules coughed or sneezed out by an infected person. They soon settle onto surfaces and people.

If you want something airborne and highly contagious take measles. If someone with measles enters a room, breathes but no sneezing or coughing then leaves. You will get infected even if you enter the room two hours later and touch nothing. Hence why the measles vaccine was so important.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
@vickster
Please contact Delta by phone and explain how the rest of your trip affects that sector. Once they know that, they will allow you to change to a later date for no fee. If that doesn't help you I'm confident that they may even cancel and refund your booking. You'll find that they genuinely value their customers and they'll want to try to help you to ensure that you come back to them in the future. It's something they're good at and it sets them apart from the Ryanairs.
They won’t do anything yet for flights after 1 May. I want to cancel not rebook, so I’ll need to hang on which is fine

classic33

Leg End Member
If you want something airborne and highly contagious take measles. If someone with measles enters a room, breathes but no sneezing or coughing then leaves. You will get infected even if you enter the room two hours later and touch nothing. Hence why the measles vaccine was so important.
I entered a house where there were a dozen kids being kept in quarantine with measles. Got out as quick as possible once informed, but never became infected.

delb0y

Legendary Member
It's been hard enough for a lot of pubs / restaurants / clubs / professional musicians / theatres / airlines / shops even without this virus. With it, I think you're right. A lot of companies and jobs will go. Loads of knock-on businesses / supply chain to the above. Sound engineers and lighting people and roadies / printers / legit (and illigit) ticket resellers / airline taxi firms / etc etc etc Sports clubs, too, may go to the wall - maybe not the big premiership clubs, but rugby union / rugby league and all the supply chain there. And so it goes on. The world will be very different in a year's time unless the vaccine comes along sooner than is currently anticipated.

pawl

Legendary Member
Rented a cottage in the Cotswold from 1May for four nights.Looks as though I will have to cancel.Not a essential trip . In the age group that has been advised too self isolate,don’t have any underlying health.problems.Will probably wait till mid April before cancelling,but I can’t see the situation improving.

Self isolation could become mandatory for my age group.A minor problem compared to some.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My daughter is scheduled to go with her friend to Sitges in May, booked before the virus was known about.
I did ask if she’d arranged travel insurance but she kept dodging it, probably because she thought there’d be no need and it would be thirty quid wasted. Too late now.

Looks like she’s going to learn the hard way.

Top Bottom