Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran
Booked and paid for a week in Forte Ventura at the end of May. Obviously doesn’t look like that will be happening. The package company TUI are giving customers full refunds for holidays booked for the rest of this month. End of May is too far away for them to make a decision, also their focus is taken up with customers who are already on their holiday and need to get home. I will still take the time off work, but no idea what we will be doing as even a holiday in this country may be impossible by then.

Lozz360

Veteran
Text message from KLM this morning saying today's flight to Amsterdam is expected to be full. Really?
KLM would normally have 20 flights from Heathrow to Schiphol today (Wednesday). This morning no less than 15 of these flights have been cancelled. Could explain why your flight is / was full.

snorri

Legendary Member
hat reminds me - I have an appointment for a routine check-up next week. I wouldn't mind if they decided to put it back by a few months. I'll have to think about whether to suggest it, which would have to be done by Friday.
I called my dentist and asked if they had a policy on routine checks at this time. They said they were still offering treatment but gave me the option of cancelling, as it was just a routine check and I was not experiencing any dental probs, I opted to cancel.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My twin grandsons have booked a holiday to Spain with their friends to celebrate the end of their school days in July. I doubt it will go ahead, but they are not that bothered especially the one as he will put his refund towards buying himself driving lessons or a car. They will get all their money back. I will be quite happy if it is cancelled as they both have a genetic condition that means their immune system is only 50% of what it should be.
Welshie......how do you know they will get a full refund??
Serious question.
Ours is booked for May 10th (Majorca) but they only seem to be taking it 4 weeks as a time meaning I can't claim until eg April 10th.
I cannot see it going ahead and tbh we would rather kiss the money goodbye than risk being trapped in a hotel BUT I cant see any way to claim at the moment.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Welshie......how do you know they will get a full refund??
Serious question.
Ours is booked for May 10th (Majorca) but they only seem to be taking it 4 weeks as a time meaning I can't claim until eg April 10th.
I cannot see it going ahead and tbh we would rather kiss the money goodbye than risk being trapped in a hotel BUT I cant see any way to claim at the moment.

As I understand it, if your holiday is cancelled through no fault of your own like airlines being shut down then you will get your money back.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes, but their holiday is not till July. So, as it is the companies wont decide until June.
Unless I am misunderstanding things.

True, but I was only referring to my lot. If you can't get a flight because they have been cancelled as they are at the moment then I think they will refund you.

gbb

Legendary Member
Looking further forward, we are booked for Turkey late July, early August. Part paid, must check when full payment is required and assuming Jet2 manage to survive this...all should be ok, we will either go because its clear by then...or get refunded. But, what happens if these companies start to go bust ?
Any further payments will be made my CC...i really wished my wife had made the initial payment by CC too :whistle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looking further forward, we are booked for Turkey late July, early August. Part paid, must check when full payment is required and assuming Jet2 manage to survive this...all should be ok, we will either go because its clear by then...or get refunded. But, what happens if these companies start to go bust ?
Any further payments will be made my CC...i really wished my wife had made the initial payment by CC too :whistle:
Good point re CC.
We have full insurance (@£83 due to age) and have paid by CC.
So......in theory we are well protected but who will pay us
Jet2?
Insurance?
CC ?
Last time we had an issue as we had paid 70 quid for the Spire Lounge but a problem with the luggage conveyor cost us 3 hours so we only just made the flight.
Everyone ie Jet2 and Spire Lounge blamed each other and it took 3 months to get money back.

We haven't had to cancel anything because we only started to think about holidays in February - we were planning on going to north Italy :wacko:.

If things improve towards the end of the summer we will do what we perhaps should have been doing for years...find out more about our own country. We will not consider going on a foreign holiday until next year, it is not really that important to us.

Lots of places on the list to choose from that we have neglected for years: Cornwall, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Cotswolds, Scotland, Ireland (I know!). And it's easy to take the bike to get out for a few rides, with an added, unintended, bonus of being a bit greener.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We haven't had to cancel anything because we only started to think about holidays in February - we were planning on going to north Italy :wacko:.

If things improve towards the end of the summer we will do what we perhaps should have been doing for years...find out more about our own country. We will not consider going on a foreign holiday until next year, it is not really that important to us.

Lots of places on the list to choose from that we have neglected for years: Cornwall, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Cotswolds, Scotland, Ireland (I know!). And it's easy to take the bike to get out for a few rides, with an added, unintended, bonus of being a bit greener.
We used to love Cornwall and went regularly in the 60s and 70s. Tried it again a few years ago. OK it was near St Ives. Dreadful.
What little parking was at extortionate rates. Impossible to park and have a coastal walk. We were NT members which helped.
Oh, it was early June and freezing.

Top Bottom