Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Our break from 18-22 May is cancelled. No suitable dates available for 2021 (we tried six different weeks) so we have asked for a refund. I suspect they are restricting rebooking availability for next year to be able to resell the slots at a much higher price.

Our week in Cornwall in June looks like it will be a no go. They may carry it over to corresponding week next year, but we will see a bit nearer the time.
Our weekend at Butlins Skeggy in November looks like it, too may not happen. Given how crowded that was last year, I will not be sorry to postpone/cancel it....
I would be quite happy to stay at home, provided we are allowed out for some day trips to the beach, which is about 5 mins by bicycle from our house.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52632976

No surprises but the Government have explicitly said Overseas summer holidays are cancelled.
Have they? That link only has a minister saying "it is unlikely that big, lavish international holidays are going to possible for this summer". Such is the way this lot dribble out policy.

Meanwhile, Eurostar have now extended flexibility to the end of June but still won't refund back to the card. Only an eVoucher which I'm not at all clear whether we can use for a replacement interrail reservation. ÖBB refunded back to the card with no quibble. Still waiting to hear from DB.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Cottage in Derbyshire cancelled and we had to pay £130 deposit as the cut of is 15june.
Holiday was 21june.
Pitty we can't go but if everything's shut what's the point

Julia9054

Guru
My Airbnb in Innsbruck in the middle of August has just cancelled on me saying he needs to look for a long term tenant given the current circumstances instead.

tom73

Guru
Cottage in Derbyshire cancelled and we had to pay £130 deposit as the cut of is 15june.
Holiday was 21june.
Pitty we can't go but if everything's shut what's the point
How did you pay for it?
Credit card then contact them, if it was bank card then go via your bank.
They can't leave you out of pocket it's a breach of contract as they can't trade so can't provide the goods and service.

Julia9054

Guru
What/which did you choose ??
We really need to replace our old Dyson but every advert you see seems better than the last one. Very confusing.
https://sharkclean.co.uk/product/shark-lift-away-upright-vacuum-cleaner-nv601uk/
This one. Motivated by price more than anything - it is such a mundane and boringly grown up thing to have to spend money on. Our old one was a Dyson DC01 - surely an actual antique by now.
Vacuum cleaners have come on a bit in the last 25 years.
I reckon it's like phones - they all do pretty much the same thing.

Top Bottom