Anyone cycling on Christmas day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
it is our turn to host the serried ranks of in-laws, there is nothing I'd like more than a leisurely 100-200 miles on the bike

Katherine

Guru
I usually get out first thing on Boxing Day, roads should be quiet as long as I keep away from the queue for the Trafford Centre.

ScotiaLass

Guru
There are one or two threads regarding food and drink on Christmas day, but I was wondering if anyone is planning to get on their bike on Christmas day to counteract the indulgence? Not just a blast round the block on something Santa dropped off, but a good few miles of a ride.

I might chuck a bike into the back of the car since I am going to my brothers place near Loch Lomond. Could even drag a nephew or two along for a ride since there are some nice routes around there. However they are teenagers so might be too engrossed in all things electronic :rolleyes:.
I intend to! It's a bit weather dependent for me....I know, I know! :laugh:
I'm hoping for a blast round the woods for a couple of hours

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm due to finish work at 2300hrs on Christmas eve, so its quite likely I'll still be riding home when the clock strikes midnight.
Remember and put some tinsel on the bike then :biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I will be too busy trying to drink the house dry, gorging on meat and six veg and having a riotous time with my wife and kids to do something less pleasurable like cycling.

I will however be doing my annual Tan Hill Inn loop ride through Arkengarthdale and Swaledale on New Year's Day.

RedRider

Pulling through
My partner's set on keeping up her every day. coldwater swimming throughout the winter - pure madness - so we'll ride to the lido. I'll let her get on with it, then off to visit an arl couple we know and back across town where friends are making dinner before a merry ride home. Nothing strenuous, Looking forward to it, hopefully it;ll be cold, crisp and bright.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Christmas is like any other day for us, so if it's dry, I'll be out.

Best ride I did was Christmas 2009 - big white snow blanket. Out on knobbly MTB on offroad route. Along a frozen canal. Not a soul in site for over 3 hours of glorious cycling.

Toes were numb when I got back home.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just a few miles to my pal's, she is cooking the main course, I bring the starter and the cake in my panniers.
Planning a longer ride with the Belles on Bikes on new year's day.

Top Bottom