Anyone dealt with Ribble lately ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems very odd to have no live phone contact in these days of cheap mobile phones and generally good service from suppliers on land lines. Perhaps it suits them to not answer tiresome customers questions and queries?

Seems very odd to have no live phone contact in these days of cheap mobile phones and generally good service from suppliers on land lines. Perhaps it suits them to not answer tiresome customers questions and queries?
maybe they doing some weekend work on the phone system's smellovision module.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes this one
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/our-stores/clitheroe/
I think it was discussed on here, albeit with a certain mockery of a signature scent.
Would be interested in how you get on @Dave7 with your purchase and feelings on your bike if you get it -be nice if you could report back on the same thread - I have been on two group rides since lockdown easing with a guy who is very pleased with his Ribble carbon ebike - I think that cost him 4 grand though.

edit - on a quick look not sure how he managed to hit 4 grand - their most expensive electric road bike appears to be 3 grand.
I had a Ribble carbon a few years ago and was happy with it till some scrotes nicked it

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
But for a bike being collected, not ordered?
@Dave7 did you get through on live chat?
Not tried yet. Failing a telephone conversation I will go that route

vickster

Legendary Member
Not tried yet. Failing a telephone conversation I will go that route
Their site says the phones aren’t working properly and to use the live chat, as link i posted, so you could be waiting a while to get through on a call. Get modern and go all live chatty chat ;)

si_c

Guru
Not sure what size bike you are looking for, or even if a road bike, but Bike Factory in Chester are pretty decent and they've got a Lapierre e-road bike at better than half price in 52cm and 55cm right now. Should be in the rough ball park for you to pop down and try it at least.

vickster

Legendary Member
Always best to have the fitting before you order, rather than after, makes getting the correct size easier.
I’ve never really had an issue getting the right size frame. It either feels right (albeit I might need a tearjerker of stem or bar width) or not at all , too stretched or cramped.
I’m assuming Dave meant a full bike fit which would be done on the frame size that feels ok. Ribble only offer a few sizes, one of two will be the one I’d think if he’s an in betweeny size

Top Bottom