Anyone dealt with Ribble lately ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
I have no direct personal experience of Ribble but from the various references to them which I've encountered on here and elsewhere over the years, I'd say they appear to be the 'Marmite' of bike retailers; you either love them or hate them.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I did a bike build with them a while back. It was perfect out of the box and its the only bike that I have made zero adjustment or change to ever. Ok this was 2005... alu sc 61.10A frame with Centaur group with Campag proton wheels. It's done a fair bit including the Tour of Flanders sportive.
I'm not saying its my favourite but it's probably the most reliable.
The bike in the background is also a Ribble, the frame was used from Ribble.
20210424_153103.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not sure what size bike you are looking for, or even if a road bike, but Bike Factory in Chester are pretty decent and they've got a Lapierre e-road bike at better than half price in 52cm and 55cm right now. Should be in the rough ball park for you to pop down and try it at least.
After a really comfy flat bar.... almost 'sit up n beg' :rolleyes:.
Ribble attract me for several reasons, one being the light weight.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stick with it. PX can be a pain, but I got an issue resolved over the live 'web-chat' - they had held an order because some stuff was out of stock, which was fine, but it was about 4 weeks later. I then 'needed' the parts for a rebuild as the bike was painted. Quick convo. on web chat, they had amended the order and released all the parts, and would then send the 'skid lids' when they came in - this is at their cost, so happy with that. Ribble's similar TBH. Bit rough around the edges.

I bought my Dura Ace chainset from them 30 years ago - drove up there to get it, and they were in a scruffy warehouse in the middle of Preston somewhere..

My Ribble 653 frame came in the post !:laugh:

I met a gang of ebikers out at a cafe last summer. A wide range of bikes. The Ribble really doesn't look electric at all. The only downside of this is that the battery is smaller than the others as it fits in the frame. Other bulkier batteries give more range so just be aware of that.
They do look lovely though.

Chislenko

Veteran
I was pulling my nuts out into a headwind today and some **** on an e-bike nonchalantly buzzed past me. With every year that passes my mind turns more and more to an e-bike.

Enjoy your purchase.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I met a gang of ebikers out at a cafe last summer. A wide range of bikes. The Ribble really doesn't look electric at all. The only downside of this is that the battery is smaller than the others as it fits in the frame. Other bulkier batteries give more range so just be aware of that.
They do look lovely though.
They 'claim' 60 miles which is plenty for me nowadays.

They 'claim' 60 miles which is plenty for me nowadays.
the person on my rides had loads of power left he said after a ride of about 35 miles. He uses it pretty sparingly. I understand that you personalise 3 progs then just select 1 of 3 when on the bike. He's had it a fair while and seemed delighted with it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
They'll be boycotted by me while I continue to ride. I once applied for three different jobs they were advertising and they didn't bother even acknowledging my applications so as I don't exist to them, they don't exist to me. When there are so many options out there such as the more visible Planet X (which I'm currently riding), they didn't cover themselves in glory as far as this cyclist is concerned.

I have 3 Ribbles
- 'blue' 7005 Winter/Audax (as they call it. but not offered anymore!)
- 2015 Gran Fondo (mechanical shifting Ultegra)
- 2017 CGR (first colour, with a 'proper' shaped frame)

They've always been fine with me

Stock seems very limited nowadays, compared to when I bought my first one from them in 2013

When I ordered the last (early 2017) I had to wait quite a while, as they didn't have the 'brifters' in stock (hydraulic/mechanical shifting)

Top Bottom