Anyone doing any diy this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I work so I can pay people who know what they are doing to do this stuff :smile:
Same here, I'll attempt some things myself though, being a tight Northerner.

Although I draw the line at decorating, I fail to see how anyone can enjoy wrestling with soggy rolls of paper, a job for the professionals.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
For some weeks now I’ve been telling my wife replacing the lights underneath the kitchen wall cabinets is a rainy day job.

Unfortunately it’s raining here this morning..........,,

Sadly B&Q don’t stock the replacement lights I need. Had a long conversation with a complete stranger in B&Q who turned out to be an electrician and made a few suggestions for suppliers. Google could be my friend.

Made up for lighting disappointment by fitting 19 new kitchen cupboard handles.

Mrs Paulsb seems happy. Leastways she made me a cup of tea.

I can only admire those able to achieve DIY. I was only thinking the other day, for my parents generation it was second nature but for me I wouldn’t even attempt it. Well done all those that do.

toffee

Guru
Got to replace a radiator in my daughter's bedroom as the current one looks like it's going to spring a leak.
IMG-20170818-WA0000.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been busy this last week,painting the flat i'm moving into. I've had to fill some fairly large holes and cracks in with plaster. One of the most heartbreaking sights is having thought you'd done such a good job on that wall,only to see the whole filling of plaster just fall out before your eyes:cry:. Persevere and you'll eventually get it right. I've now painted out that horrible purple with a coat of white. I'm off today to buy some nice and friendly magnolia. Then when that's done i'm going to gloss the woodwork(white)then wait for the carpet fitter.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ordered a new diverter valve repair kit for the boiler.
Its started sticking and clanking ,23 quid kit and an easy repair.

It will be the PRV next as i need to release the pressure to fix the diverter , which usually upsets that. So another £3.50 on the boiler .
I feel like a unpaid carerer for this old boiler :banghead:

Tin Pot

Guru
Mostly gardening but my daughter has moved gutters up near top of the list:

IMG_9236.JPG

And some that look like they were never finished and left decades ago:

IMG_9247.JPG

IMG_9249.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9248.JPG
    IMG_9248.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The orange (red?) Spesh looks rather sexy. :wub:

Why have you got three 'Stanley' knives?
Tools tend to accumulate over the years. I have 4 electric jigsaws as well, don't know why. By the way, the white board on the ceiling drops down. I use it in winter to put my tablette on it when I use the turbo.

Top Bottom