Anyone doing cheap shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I want you to feel sorry for me rather than realise I'm just being lazy.

I decided recently it's time to go clipless and become a man.

Went round several high street bike shops and LBSs, as I wanted to actually try stuff on - and it seems all of the shops had recently had sales, sales which had now ending. It's terribly depressing to go into a shop and find they have SPD shoes for £25 oh but they are just a touch too big for you, but don't worry we have your size but oh these aren't sale stock, they all went, and these are £60.

Anyone know if any of the shops, or the likes of Aldi, are doing any cheap spd shoe deals at the moment? I might just be cheeky bugger and pull the ol' try on in shop and order cheaper online trick. Yes it's dastardly and evil but I had it done to me plenty when I used to work in a music shop and I feel I have pre-atoned ;)

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I mean look at this and try not to weep:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/boulder-shoe-ec019659

Only available in 36 (I'm 46).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I want you to feel sorry for me rather than realise I'm just being lazy.

I decided recently it's time to go clipless and become a man.

Went round several high street bike shops and LBSs, as I wanted to actually try stuff on - and it seems all of the shops had recently had sales, sales which had now ending. It's terribly depressing to go into a shop and find they have SPD shoes for £25 oh but they are just a touch too big for you, but don't worry we have your size but oh these aren't sale stock, they all went, and these are £60.

Anyone know if any of the shops, or the likes of Aldi, are doing any cheap spd shoe deals at the moment? I might just be cheeky bugger and pull the ol' try on in shop and order cheaper online trick. Yes it's dastardly and evil but I had it done to me plenty when I used to work in a music shop and I feel I have pre-atoned ;)
have a look at dhb shoes on Wiggle. I have a pair of them there great shoes for less than £40. If I could hack half my foot off with a stanley knife I would buy those Scott shoes you linked to. :-)

Keep an eye out for the Lidl bike sale stuff as the shoes are actually very good .. i did'nt need a pair at the time but i bought 2 pairs and shoved them under the bed

they'l come in handy one day

SImon

carpiste

Guru
I feel your pain, it's a real bugger having full size feet.
Last time I looked in Decathlon, the largest they stocked was a 10 so it's nice to see they're going bigger B)

I wouldn`t be too sure about that.I just bought some shimano shoes from Decathlon,I take a size 9 or sometimes 9 1/2..... the only ones that fitted were 10 1/2!
The guy who was working the aisle said,"It`s the damn French getting back at us!"
Very subtle,but most annoying ;)

Peter10

I mean look at this and try not to weep:

http://www.evanscycl...r-shoe-ec019659

Only available in 36 (I'm 46).

Not sure if these fit the bill. Little big for me, but maybe will work for you?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-B...g_Goods_Athletic_Shoes_ET&hash=item45f42587cc

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Sorry, turns out I'm 44 not 46 - I think the ones I tried on in Freewheel, Nottingham were 46 hence being too big.

Thanks for the pointers, still nothing quite comparing to the £25 deals :sadface:

Also, not quite desperate enough to go second hand though! That's all sorts of wrong :sad:

Man, it seems EVERYONE was just running a sale on cycling shoes. What's that about? Are new lines just coming in? Why didn't anyone tell me?!? :sad:

These are the ones I saw for £25:
http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Apparel/Shoes/Shoes+-+MTB/Shimano+MT20+Shoes_2507.htm
As you can see they only have them in extreme sizes.

Friend of mine bought some nice Shimano shoes from a shop local to our work for £40 a couple of months back. The same shoes now? £70. Gahh

There's a few places still selling Shimano M063 shoes for £45 in my size - are they any good?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sorry, turns out I'm 44 not 46 - I think the ones I tried on in Freewheel, Nottingham were 46 hence being too big.

Thanks for the pointers, still nothing quite comparing to the £25 deals :sadface:

Also, not quite desperate enough to go second hand though! That's all sorts of wrong :sad:

Man, it seems EVERYONE was just running a sale on cycling shoes. What's that about? Are new lines just coming in? Why didn't anyone tell me?!? :sad:

These are the ones I saw for £25:
http://www.merlincyc...+Shoes_2507.htm
As you can see they only have them in extreme sizes.

Friend of mine bought some nice Shimano shoes from a shop local to our work for £40 a couple of months back. The same shoes now? £70. Gahh

There's a few places still selling Shimano M063 shoes for £45 in my size - are they any good?
Re sizes ,both my dhb road shoes and the cheap mountainbike shoes I got for £18 (just to rub it in :-) )from Lidls are the same size as my normal shoes and fit perfectly. Shimano shoes are smaller than the size number for some inexplicable reason.

lesley_x

Über Member
I got a pair for £16 out Decathlon. Forget that I used them once, fell off, and haven't used them again
whistling.gif

tiswas-steve

Über Member

I brought a pair of Shimano M075,s roughly a year ago to take the plunge into the joy,s of clipless, fell oft twice in a week , chucked them into a dark and cold place, returned to them recently and have not looked back .......... they fabarooneyyyyy !!

Top Bottom