Anyone done a bunge jump before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I have a chance to do a bungee jump as part of a charity effort. I'm not nesh or owt, but the only reservation I have is the thought of loads of blood rushing to my head when the laccy band is at its most extended, giving me a heamorrage or some such injury.

Waddayareckon?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Wuss.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not done a bungee...
...but did 3 parachute jumps when I was younger (when parachutes were round, with L-shaped holes for 'steering'.... (static line jumps, not freefall...) got "twisted lines" on my 3rd jump, which put the willies up me a bit (if you'll pardon my french) and sort of put me off....
My advice on the bungee.... go for it!

Hi Maz,

I did a 300 footer some years ago and had the same reservations as you funnily enough. To be honest, I was having too much fun at the time to take any notice of it.

Go for it, it's great!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I did the 111m jump at Vic Falls on the Zim/Zambia border. I did it at 9am on 9/9/99!!!!!

Was amazing, and it sorted out my back problem for a while

Go for it, there are plenty more dangerous things to do, far more to go wrong with a parachute jump etc.....

Night Train

Maker of Things
I wouldn't bungy jump. If it is for charity I'd rather just give them the money!

red_tom

Hover Fly said:
I was waiting to do a bungee jump once. Unfortunately an earlier jumper had to led away by her friends after the jump as she was unable to see clearly for some reason. I didn't wait to find out what had happened.

Detached retina?

Or just this?

00380-500.jpg

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
zimzum42 said:
I did the 111m jump at Vic Falls on the Zim/Zambia border. I did it at 9am on 9/9/99!!!!!

Was amazing, and it sorted out my back problem for a while

Go for it, there are plenty more dangerous things to do, far more to go wrong with a parachute jump etc.....
Woh, that's amazing. What a place to bungee jump! Beats jumping off the top of a crane in a pub carpark!

Did a static line parachute jump a few years back - really enjoyed it.

Dormouse

Go for it!

I did one over a canyon in New Zealand and it was a highliht of the trip. The blood does rush to your head but it didn't bother me. I thought it would be easy but it was quite difficult to jump off the edge of the cable car.

I had to go first because I was heaviest in the group, presumably to check that the elastic was not too long!?

There is a risk of detached retinas though.

zimzum42 said:

Maz said:
Woh, that's amazing. What a place to bungee jump! Beats jumping off the top of a crane in a pub carpark!

Oooh yes, doesn't it just.
A little under 111m when I did it, as the river was high - say 108m !
Someone suggested I should look out for crocodiles jumping up for a bite...

It adds to the occasion that you have to walk out through customs & immigration into no-man's-land because the bridge is on the Zim-Zam border.

See if this encourages/puts you off !
http://www.afrizim.com/Pics/Slide_Shows/Activities/Bungi.asp
http://www.afrizim.com/Activities/Victoria_Falls/Bungee.asp

Top Bottom