Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I ordered on 12 Oct and still no bike. And no date given either. I have just emailed (below) to the Chief Exec to see if that helps. Most annoying aspect is that I can place a new order and the site says delivery by 5 December.

IF YOU ARE WAITING AND WANT TO JOIN A MAILING LIST TO CONTACT THE CEO, ping me a PM with your email address
@Milkfloat ?

To Roman (cc to Canyon UK)
order reference number: xxxxxx
Thanks for the email below. You said you were
"confident in our estimate that you will receive an accurate order confirmation from us within the next two weeks."

No news received since then….well past 2 weeks
I ordered on 12 October with delivery week of 26th October. I appreciate you have problems but I have had a complete lack of communications from Canyon. I have rung/web chatted a few times, and the polite staff are very frustrated at having zero ability to find out any more about my order. Even more annoyingly if I go to try and order again, the system suggests I can have that model delivered by 5 December. How come new orders can be given a date and someone waiting for ages cannot?
Here is what I propose. (All of the following supposes that the custom mudguards are included in the order. No mudguards and I will be cancelling or sending the bike back)
Option 1. You deliver the bike as ordered by Sat 5 December (inc mudguards)
Option 2. You do a special change and allow me to have the silver version of the frame with the full Inflite 9.0s spec. Black also acceptable. In this case I will accept delivery date of any time up to 24 December (I am frankly not as keen on the green and think this would be fair compensation for having such poor service)
Please reply by Tuesday this week (24th November) at 1200 UK time because I have a competitor bike lined up and will order that if you do not reply.
Regards

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi Jay. Looks like things have got worse at Canyon since our PM exchange, as I at least got (most of) mine on the posted delivery date. I do feel a bit of a Cassandra.

I can't see them upgrading your order or even getting the bike to you before Christmas - remember they expected me to wait 4 months for a missing seat clamp wedge! The German end of the operation does seem to be a black hole of cryptic automated emails.

I think they're massively overextended but have no way of putting the brakes on without damaging their reputation further. I hope it works out for you but I'd pull the trigger now and cancel the order.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yes, I am still waiting and without any further news. Do you actually have the CEO's email address? If so I would be happy to see it.

Citius

Don't spend any more time in this. Cancel the order and move on.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
These sounds like the reports you read after a company has declared bankruptcy, the sad tales of all the unsecured creditors. They are probably fine, but if it was me, I'd get my money back while I could.
Supposedly all is fine but they have just moved to a new factory..... I do not have any reason to think there is insolvency and so far, nothing taken off my credit card, plus it is protected... I hope!

Supposedly all is fine but they have just moved to a new factory..... I do not have any reason to think there is insolvency and so far, nothing taken off my credit card, plus it is protected... I hope!
You've got it covered, I think. And nothing off the credit card pretty well negates my point.

Of course, if this is the level of service you receive before they have your money, I hope you don't have any issues with the bike. Service will only be worse then.

(maybe you should share your "exact needs". There are some people on CC - not me! - who are ninjas in finding the perfect bike)

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
exact needs are posted in What bike, but I repeat here
  • Lightweight road bike - alloy or carbon
  • Size will be medium/54 depending on brand
  • must take FULL mudguards not interested in raceblades etc
  • approx 25mm tyres (23-28 ok)
  • Shimano kit (Tiagra/105/Ultegra)
  • Hydraulic discs (not cable)
  • Regular Q/R so can use on turbo
  • budget approx £1000 but a bit flexible. Even very flexible
PS, not interested in retro steel, or anything heavy.

Top Bottom