Anyone else got this virus ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Jeez, I'm sick of it.
Forgive the self pity :whistle:^_^.
Xmas or NY, can't quite remember which, got the inevitable cold which wasn't too bad but left a lingering deep cough which on a couple occasions seemed to go then come back. Today, deep cough and headache. Over the last few weeks it's been a mixture of headaches, coughs, sore throat, once I lay in a hot bath and a wave of goosebumps came over me, twice I've had the shakes and felt incredibly weak....just one thing after another, continually feeling jaded and fuzzy.
One half decent bike ride this year so far and one pootle...25 miles so far this year if I'm lucky...and don't even remotely feel like getting out there.
Been docs, chest was clear, had a just to make sure x ray but it's just lingering and lingering.

I gather I'm not the only one...any remedies or comments welcome ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Pretty much the same, seems to go for a couple of days then comes back, sometimes feels like a head cold, then sore throat, cough, then into the sinuses & ears feeling like you're underwater, along with a little dizziness, then clear, round the loop again.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sounds like what I had/have. I had 7 days of fever didn't eat much spent all day in bed. Now back in work but not right still weak plus cough etc.Going into third week now.

Got bike out to give it a clean and oil ,that effort left me exhausted. Riding it is out of the question for now.

Reactions: gbb

gaz71

Über Member
Ive had the same thing since Boxing Day,i"m getting proper pee"d off with it now.Ive put extra chilli sauce in most of my meals trying to sweat it out but that hasnt worked, and taken plenty of medication aswell.Still managing to get a few miles in on my bike but not enjoying it as much as id like to.Got a sore throat now so im hoping a few beers later will help soothe it.

Tin Pot

Guru
Jeez, I'm sick of it.
Forgive the self pity :whistle:^_^.
Xmas or NY, can't quite remember which, got the inevitable cold which wasn't too bad but left a lingering deep cough which on a couple occasions seemed to go then come back. Today, deep cough and headache. Over the last few weeks it's been a mixture of headaches, coughs, sore throat, once I lay in a hot bath and a wave of goosebumps came over me, twice I've had the shakes and felt incredibly weak....just one thing after another, continually feeling jaded and fuzzy.
One half decent bike ride this year so far and one pootle...25 miles so far this year if I'm lucky...and don't even remotely feel like getting out there.
Been docs, chest was clear, had a just to make sure x ray but it's just lingering and lingering.

I gather I'm not the only one...any remedies or comments welcome ;)

Yes, I got sick with it as we broke up for Christmas, got better as I returned to work. Now I'm off work again an fell ill with the same symptoms three days ago.

Just need to cough it all out of the lungs, but not much is coming up.

I had luck with a humidifier last time so I'm setting it up again tonight. I think it just puts more moisture into the lungs so I've got something to bring up that takes the virulent crap out with it.

subaqua

What’s the point
Missus has CAP ( community acquired pneumonia) . Lots of antibiotics and thankfully I have O2 available. A tiny cough on Sunday led to a sit in an ambulance on Friday evening after she keeled over in Tesco. Stubborn bird refused A&E saying we knew what it was and had the tools to deal with and sorry they called you when others are more needy.

She will be off next week . That's been decreed by me

Brandane

Legendary Member
There's a lot of that type of stuff doing it's rounds in this area too. I just started a new job 2 weeks ago, and most of the staff seem to be suffering from it.
Inevitably, on Friday afternoon I developed the first symptoms just in time for the weekend. It has now developed into a full blown head cold, running out of me. Having read this thread, I am not looking forward to the next few weeks :sad:.

Tin Pot

Guru
I can't figure out why it's affected me and not the rest of the family though. It's usually the other way around - they get sick and I avoid it. This thing, the kids have coughed a bit and hats it. Me I'm hacking my lungs up all night for days/weeks.

Maybe there's an exercise/cold air/pollution element to it.

D

Deleted member 1258

Sounds like it's the same as the bug that's been going round here. There were lots of people sick with it over Xmas and the new year. Me and my Good Lady went down with it new years Eve and had to pull out of a coach holiday, what was unusual was my Good Lady being ill, these things normally pass her by. Fever, no apppitite and a hacking cough. My Good Lady is over it but I've still got a bit of a cough and my apppitite still hasn't come back completely.

Julia9054

Guru
I've had it. 2 weeks of full blown cold and hacking cough and then on and off blocked sinuses and wheezy for another week. Just have to grit teeth and get through it. Colds usually only last 2 days with me - i work in a school and have the immune system of an ox!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not as bad but full of green snot and tired all the time , sunday comes around and it like meh what excuse not to ride today ? went back to bed for 3 hours instead this morning .

D

Deleted member 26715

Just to add mine seems to come with an ache across the shoulders & lower neck, I've decided not to go into the office today, working from home, woke up at 6 & just couldn't face the commute.

keithmac

Guru
My 9 year old lad's been badly for a couple of weeks now, right as rain one minute and then looks like death warmed up the next..

Top Bottom