Anyone else got this virus ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Another one here. Seems like I had it, nearly got better, then it struck again.
Around 6 weeks in total.
Missus has it now.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Busy day out Saturday, albeit not a physical one, yesterday (sunday) I just wasn't on it, slept at every opportunity, groggy, foggy...just bleugh.
Today, while snot central xx(is working overtime...I do feel better, just a light headache...but better.
Here's hoping....:rolleyes:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I've copped it, just back from Spain where my sister and BiL were just getting over it, a nice present from them. Feel tired, usual cold and cough thing so will avoid gym and riding until it is gone.

I've said it before on CC but this was going around Australia last September when I was there. My brother and a close friend both ended up having chest x-rays and being diagnosed for the first time with asthma. Ventolin helped both of them, so that's worth talking to your doctor about if the symptoms are persisting.

Ironically (or something) I caught influenza at the same time, with fever and mild delirium, but was better in 24 hours. People with "only" a cold were sick for weeks.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I went to doctors today for a routine medical I need for work.

I asked if I should be still feeling carp 3 weeks after the flu bug. He replied most people are taking 6 or more weeks to fully get rid of it.

On plus side he was amazed at my sats, bp pulse rate etc. All way better than average joe due in no small part to cycling I am sure.

Reactions: gbb

byegad

Legendary Member
On my second round of the beasties. It really affects my Asthma so am short of breath and coughing for Britain at Gold Medal Standard, possibly Platinum.

Bloody bug seems to get me every year at this time.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Damn it, taken today off as a lieu day for my up and coming shift this weekend.
Went to bed last night, raised heart rate and general yukkiness, woke up this morning, raised heart rate, I ache, headache and very very snotty.
Took me about 10 minutes to decide...once I'm at work I often get into it and the virus seems to take the back seat..i feel it later though. But no, blast it, I'm having the day off.

Unfortunately some bods at work have it/have had it so I'm washing my hands a lot,covering my hands on doors and trying to keep out of their way.

Rest and keep the fluid intake high.
Its nots fun missing cycling - but best to miss winter weeks - than spring summer weeks (unless you're a pro !)

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom