Anyone else keep getting colds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

howard2107

Is it a cold or something else? I can't remember the last time i had a cold, but i suffer with my sinus's, and if you haven't had the pleasure of Sinusitis, then it could easily be mistaken for a cold or hay fever.

The symptoms are you feel like you have a bad head cold and it can be painful around the eyes, but don't have the sweaty generally crap feeling that you get with a cold. It isn't pleasant by any means, but usually clears up in a few days, and any facial pain can be eased by a hot compress, or letting the shower run hot over your face for a few minutes whilst you are in it.

gavgav

Guru
Yep! Got my 2nd one in the last 2 months and 3rd of the year. Bloody well sick of it. Last one was only a head cold but this is the full works, including a hacking cough which will keep me off the bike for a while I fear :sad:

Contdor

My 5th cold this year so far, seems to be when kids get them and after travelling on train for some reason

migrantwing

Veteran
I've had 3 or 4 in the last 12 months or so. Some evil, some not so bad. The missus has also had a few coughs/colds and aches and pains due to a virus, she also lost her voice (yippee!) Just last week she went to work and they sent her home, she ended up having the whole week off. She's the type who used to get a cold every few years, and even then it was minor. I'm guessing the strains of viruses theses days are a lot stronger, hence more people getting more colds more often.

J1888

Über Member
Yes - get around 4 or 5 colds a year (maybe more), only used to get 1.

Tends to be when I'm more stressed, drinking more and not eating as well as I normally do.

Annoying, because it puts me off my bike for a couple of days and therefore makes me feel even worse.

gavgav

Guru
I had been shaking mine off over the weekend, but it seems to have returned with a vengeance over last 2 days.

Thick horrid snot, temperature all over the place, feel completely drained and generally yuck.

So many people have said the same thing that they just can't shake it off.

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
I've been diagnosed with Chronic Rhino-sinusitis. I caught a cold from the office about April 2014 and never recovered. After which I lost my sense of smell for 6 months.

Luckily I now have long term steroids to spray in my nose to keep the inflammation down and manageable.

I thought I kept on catching colds last year, when it was my Sinus. Go get it checked out, only a few CT scans at the hospital might sort you out.

Top Bottom