Anyone else on Vista?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Im on vista cant say ive noticed that i use firefox.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
dan_bo said:
Have you noticed when browsing web pages

the type faces can get smaller and smaller

as you click from page to page?

it's a bit daft to say the least.........

and more than a tad annoying.......

No, I haven't had that problem

yello

Speaking of Vista, someone was telling me that there is a downgrade path to XP. Is that true? Not that it bothers me, I'm still on 2k and happy to stay there.

davidwalton

yello said:
Speaking of Vista, someone was telling me that there is a downgrade path to XP. Is that true? Not that it bothers me, I'm still on 2k and happy to stay there.

Theres also an upgrade path, direct to a blue screen:biggrin:

Alternatively, just get something that works, a MAC:thumbsup::biggrin::thumbsup:

domtyler

Über Member
yello said:

2K while a big improvement over 98 and NT4 is far superseded by XP. XP was and still is the best all round OS out there. Definitely worth upgrading 2K to XP and you can get it for free easily enough or a legit copy for next to nothing.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have Vista and have not seen the reducing letters phenomenon either. I find Vista to be good and enjoy using it, although must admit I'm not an IT expert by any means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonj2

vista's quite good, I like it's tab through windows function - if you press windows key + tab instead of alt + tab, then you get a funky oblique slideshow type thing.
The start menu is better, in that you can just type into it and it will find the program.
The only thing annoying abouit is its windows explorer is a big pile of shite - it won't stay on details view, some folders keep going back to icons, and it isn't consistent with standard openfile and savefile dialog boxes used by applications that implement explorer's functionality. Also I dont' like the fact that it doesn't always show the address bar as text, as if a full folder path is somehow 'ugly'. It will get better though, obviously.

alecstilleyedye said:
and you can still boot in vista/xp as well with the new ones.

there was big excitement at work today - some software WORKED on a mac. (edit: I didn't see it mind, i just heard it had happened).

Top Bottom