Anyone else...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, I'm pretty sure it is just you.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4748696, member: 9609"]when on the big hills I make scany V8 noises

[/QUOTE]
That's definitely not a cigarette he's smoking..

OP
OP
thefollen

thefollen

Veteran
I challenge all you naysayers to try it. You need to be in a nice acceleration gear and (if applicable) clipped in – once you hear the revs, own that noise and inject some leg into those pedals!

rugby bloke

Veteran
Come on, they're geared so low that you have to rev the nuts off to get any speed! :smile:

I don't both changing down from 3rd, so pulling away from the lights is a mater of standing up on the pedals and slowly cranking the thing into action. It amuses me when people start in 1st - the gear is so low that their legs are going round like crazy and the bike is hardly moving.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't both changing down from 3rd, so pulling away from the lights is a mater of standing up on the pedals and slowly cranking the thing into action. It amuses me when people start in 1st - the gear is so low that their legs are going round like crazy and the bike is hardly moving.
IIRC, the gearing is 32/44/60 and I do use first to start off but only for a few turns. Maybe people leaving it in top is why most seem easy to out accelerate from stops. I suspect if I tried mashing it away in 60", you'd hear my poor knees pop in Northampton!

Top Bottom