Anyone fancy a London Boxing Day pootle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... sounds like a pootle plot... goody!

M:snowball:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
A maybe from us two...when do you need to know by?

chortle..last minute plans get more last minute..

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm inclined to suggest a slightly later start unless people need to be back home early?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
[QUOTE 1653760, member: 1314"]Can't remember the name. Went there one time with Luke and Becs. You can take drinks out, cross the road and sit on the hill-top benches.[/quote]
Yup, that's the one.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
11:30 clapham sounds good. We'll be along unless it's really windy or pissing it down.

+1 what ttcycle said.

[QUOTE 1655952, member: 1314"]

Mice remembering doing the route with Ianrauk and how he moaned about his bike getting dirty! Apparently he moaned and moaned and moaned.

.[/quote]

:eek:

Ooooops! That could beproof that not everything you read on the web is true.... (mainly the bit about Ian complaining, complaining, complaining on a Sunday ride along the towpath - last year I think, Zimzum42 was there). Will rummage around to find the thread. Found it - (page 73 on Sunday London Ride) - here are topcat 1s pics from last year....

http://img837.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=sunday2025.jpg

Anyway, back to today's ride. It was lovely. A bit misleading because this is what a windmill looks like (see image below!) and I definitely didn't see one of those on Clapham Common (although I did learn about some rather sordid stories about the Common which are best worth not knowing)!

Great to see ttcycle and Martin - just brill being out on the bike. As User1314 says - traffic filled roads but a great fun ride - and I managed to decline Jaffa Cakes and Shortbread! A great pootle of 23 miles for me. I took some pics. https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3rxuiM2uXbmQE&feat=directlink

Cheers User1314. Am checking weather conditions for tomorrow!

M:hello:

Attachments

• This is a Windmill and its not on Clapham Common.jpg
    This is a Windmill and its not on Clapham Common.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Cat Ahoy.jpg
    Cat Ahoy.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Martin ttcycle and Crock of Gold.jpg
    Martin ttcycle and Crock of Gold.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi. Yacf chav here!

We'd met at the Roebuck for a leisurely circuit of the Park (actually, only Richmond Gate anticlockwise to Sheen Gate, though we (the tandemistas) had already done Kingston Gate up to Richmond Gate to get to the meeting point). Then we went for lunch at The Ship at Mortlake, where we met two more riders.

It was Butterfly and me on the tandem. Butterfly recognised Mice, then I saw User, Grace and martin in rapid succession, and managed to call out to the first two. We had Andrij on the most sensible bike, Jellied on a recumbent, and Zipperhead on a Brommie.

Wish we'd known about your plans - we might have contrived to combine the two. My fault for being too busy riding in the last few days, and not checking the forum. Hope you all had fun - you certainly seemed to be doing.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Clarion...that's what you say now, I'll remember this...

Good to bump into you guys though - hope it was a good ride!

Top Bottom