Anyone fancy SW London to St Albans tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is appealing - have just checked XC Weather. What time were you thinking of leaving and from where - if you see what I mean?

M:hello:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
What time are you leaving St.Albans to cycle to HPC? I'm in Hemel Hempstead and wouldn't mind joining you for the ride down, then back up to St.Albans.

What time are you leaving St.Albans to cycle to HPC? I'm in Hemel Hempstead and wouldn't mind joining you for the ride down, then back up to St.Albans.
Hello!

Not sure! I guess about 1:00 give or take! What sort of time were you thinking and - more importantly (!) - what sort of speed were you thinking of doing ((goes to check the word pootle in thread))? I see the word pootle is missing - I'm happy to give it my best shot but if its not quick enough you can feel free to rocket ahead!

Not to worry! Have a good day!

Oooh, lunch? Forgot about lunch - actually a cup of tea would do it!

M :hello:

Brill!! If I could have remembered my password I would have logged on here and beat you to it!

9am it is then. Cool! (I take it as read that it's ok with you User1314!)

Is that a deal TC1?!

Well - thank you User1314 - that was f f f f f..... I seem to be struggling to type the word f u n! ^_^ I jest! ^_^ It was fun. It's just that some of those hills really were err, unexpected. And steep. But the traffic free roads, the route and the company were excellent. It was 35 miles for me - and some of those included some hills! I can't remember the company name of that big fat lorry driving through the village that began with an S, as he smoked a cigarette and spoke on his mobile phone. <Super sarcastic tone switched on> Nice of him to have contact with the steering wheel at all, really. </> A B something or other.

We were lucky with the wind direction - 17mph and SSW. It was lovely to hear the bells of the cathedral ringing out as we rode through St Albans. And it is a very pretty part of the world - definitely worth another visit - without disturbing your In-Laws (obviously) and as long as we don't use the A414 which is the sort of road Martin235 would like! And that pub is worth another visit. Excellent food and smiley service.

Topcat1 and I took the train option (once we found the station!) into St Pancras and then headed south to Whitehall and the Embankment, then home. A great day indeed!

Here are some pics https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCLP8voS2_5fowwE&feat=directlink

Attachments

• Crock of Gold preparing for the ride.jpg
    Crock of Gold preparing for the ride.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Smiley Cyclists.jpg
    Smiley Cyclists.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Its all about the Chips      and the Guiness.jpg
    Its all about the Chips and the Guiness.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 32

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
all hpc rides begin with a P excellent!

User was wearing proper shorts and leg warmers (must be xmas!)

Top Bottom