Anyone following the football today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
:bicycle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
I can't remember a time when I willingly watched a 'football' game. I was in Middlesborough about 10-15 years ago and there was a World football championship going on. Everyone else was glued to the telly, resplendant in their (highly flammable) football t-shirts. I stood with my back to the telly. The look of bemused indignation on their faces that someone couldn't like football was as if I'd gone to a Star Wars convention and said, "Darth who?"

Probably similar to the look on our faces as to why you're thye most prolific poster on a thread about football:biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Football fans trying to win over non-football fans, are like lecherous men trying to convert lesbians. When it comes to football, I am a lesbian and can not be converted.

[please note this post is analogy-heavy, and not meant literally]

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
ComedyPilot said:
This thread asks the question, "Anyone watching the football today?", thus inviting answers both in the affirmative and the negative. I am merely answering in one of the required styles.

rich p said:
Probably similar to the look on our faces as to why you're thye most prolific poster on a thread about football:biggrin:

I refer the very-honourable rich p (of this parish) to my previous post, and the OP question. It asks for positive and negative replies. There are plenty of positive, I am just providing the negative. Ying/Yang, me casa, su casa, don't sleep in the subway....ptanng

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
I refer the very-honourable rich p (of this parish) to my previous post, and the OP question. It asks for positive and negative replies. There are plenty of positive, I am just providing the negative. Ying/Yang, me casa, su casa, don't sleep in the subway....ptanng

...ad nauseam...:bicycle:

...and how very dare you call me honourable!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
In case we ever meet, I want it to be friendly.

Besides [cue Sarf Lahndan accent] you look quite handy (with a crisp packet) :bicycle:

Of course it will be! I'd much prefer it to be friendly when we discuss whether England should play with Rooney behind a striker or zonal v. man to man marking at corners:biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
rich p said:
Of course it will be! I'd much prefer it to be friendly when we discuss whether England should play with Rooney behind a striker or zonal v. man to man marking at corners:biggrin:

eaflvk;em ERMOKSD,cm/l '

R
T
TWB

T
W

.......sorry, fell asleep reading that, and woke up with QWERTY in reverse on my forehead. :bicycle:

They were so close to going up the other year...needed to win at win at home to Northampton and Northampton scored late but so did Leyton Orient at Oxford sending the mighty Orient up and Grimsby went into the playoffs.....Really bad how it's gone tits up for them...Im sure they will be back.

Top Bottom