Anyone got a Cannondale M500????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
$_57.jpg

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
...er, I guess thats a no then? I bought mine in Hong Kong and wondered if they were popular in the UK, and if anyone had upgraded wheels, drivetrain etc. It is seen as a bit of a classic in the USA, where they must have sold zillions.

Siclo

Veteran
Not actually mine but there's one in the fleet along with an M800. They were not massively popular over here, expensive at the time mainly due to import duties. 'Dales being know as Crack 'n' Fails didn't help. The M500 is still on it's original wheels. The crankset was geared right down IIRC some years ago and its got an adjustable stem on now. Decent machines if a little weighty by today's standards, mind you the M+ tyres don't help in that respect.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Hi Siclo, yes mine is also on its original Sun wheels, still completely straight, but look a bit naff compared to Eastons, Mavics etc these days, probably tricky to upgrade as non disc frame? Weight wise I reckon the frame is good, its all the rest that could be improved to make it a beast of a trails bike.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
You reckon
has to be, just check smooth welds for any cracks if you buy....not called 'crackendale' for nothing!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't get the old MTB bike obsession - at all!

Like the feckin dinosaurs - there is a reason they are now extinct.
Yeah, because how can the bean counters show continued high sales if they can't encourage the punters to move on to the next 'best thing'?

I still give anyone a good run for their money on my 22yr old dinosaur! :ninja:

Top Bottom